Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#994476 07/11/04 01:00 AM
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
well Rob said he'd hold one of those headers for me, so hopefully I'll be able to buy it next month and give it a shot.... Mine's a pre-98 so I guess I'll get the full adventure.....

97 Zetec MTX Sport Mk1 Mondeo Morettes & Clear corners Full SVT kit w/ Molded Mirko Splitter, Carbon Fibre Hood Ground Control coilovers w/ Koni adjustables, BAT anti roll bar Pics of my rides in my profile! Rally drivers do it sideways......
#994477 07/12/04 05:42 AM
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by NVS Mystique:
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
oh yea a shorty header...I kinda would rather have one of those...would make it easier to add in a cat too.

but didn't you have to do some welding to the cat? I'm assuming it doesn't bolt on to the flange on the shorty?

sounds expensive.
Yes I had to modify the cat for 2 reason. 1) the focus flange is a triangle and has 3 bolts and my mystique flange was an oval with 4 bolts soI got a machine shop to make me a focus flange becasue I couldnm't find on. 2) the magnaflow cat was to long so I chopped the pipes on each end of the cat by 1inch and then I got it angled so it fit in the factory loacation which aloud me to keep the downstream o2 sensor in it's factory location(I didn't feel likw splicing and extending it). The exhasut shop will also have to put a bung in the header and inpipe just behind the cat so you can put your o2 sensors back in.

Aaron

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard