Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Here is the diagram I have, hope it helps...

For the full-res picture I scanned, remove the _small from the filename, same address.

Kyo 1997 Mystique GS Duratec ATX -- sold 2005 Focus ST - Quicker! - Still a Duratec!
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
'95 may be slightly different, IIRC they have an off position on fan speed switch and only 3 fan speeds.

Also, load side of blower relay should have feed to a/c system circuits, including compressor clutch. Perhaps this is shown on another page. Would be helpful if you could find and also post.

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
What I've got is for my model year, but I'll scan it anyways, maybe it'll help....

http://pages.infinit.net/loginord/ac.jpg for the full-scale image..

Kyo 1997 Mystique GS Duratec ATX -- sold 2005 Focus ST - Quicker! - Still a Duratec!
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Thanks. Spread out over three pages in Ford manual, a little easier to follow on one. Relevant to several current threads so I've linked to this one.

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Like I said in the previous post....you said you have power at the blower motor correct???? so look at the other side of the blower motor where ground comes from....it starts at a ground stud behind the kick panel and goes through the resistor and blower switch to complete the circit. What you could do to confirm this is....the two wires you have going to the blower...one has power like you said and the other should get ground when the switch is turned on...so ground that other wire going to the motor and the motor should work. this would confirm the either the blower switch, resistor, or ground stud is faulty. I suspect either a wire is no good...or you have lost the ground on that stud behind the kick panel.Again I repeat....the blower switch activates the motor by suppling it ground, not power...so check the ground side. Im basing this on your post saying you have power at the blower motor...look only at the bottom section of the drawing for the ground side.You have to have ground at S216 which in your drawing says is behind right center of Instrument panel...that S216 has to have ground or no blower.

Last edited by Taasman; 06/28/04 09:10 PM.
O
overton Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
O
Thanks alot guys for all the schematics, helps out alot.
I still can't get the motor to work. I verified there is a ground going to the blower motor. And I also ran another groung to the fan and still no good.

There is 12 volts dc at the plug going to the fan when the switch is in the fan mode. When I change the speed control switch there still is 12v dc there.

When I switch to a/c mode then there is only 4 volts across the plug.

I even tried a new blower fan, still no good.

??????????????????????

F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
hey i own a 96 gl 4 cyl and just to let you know i had a severe problem with a/c my blower switch melted which ran down to my fuse box and started melting that so just beware i took my car to the dealership for the wire harness recall and blower switch and resistor. now i really hate the dealership. just food for thought sounds like my nightmare

O
overton Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
O
What is a shorting bar ????

connector # 1 and # 3
in the 1st schematic above ?

And where is it located ?

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by overton:
Thanks alot guys for all the schematics, helps out alot.
I still can't get the motor to work. I verified there is a ground going to the blower motor. And I also ran another groung to the fan and still no good.

There is 12 volts dc at the plug going to the fan when the switch is in the fan mode. When I change the speed control switch there still is 12v dc there.

When I switch to a/c mode then there is only 4 volts across the plug.

I even tried a new blower fan, still no good.

??????????????????????

Ok let me get this straight...your know saying you have 12 volts at the fan motor plug and you have ground??? If that was the case your fan would be working. Purple/Blue should have 12 volts at the fan motor....probe that wire at the fan...and tell us what you have? And Blue/Black should have ground at the motor...what do you have? You should be able to hook your test lights ground to the Blue/Black and probe the Purple/Blue and get a 12 volt read...Your making this more confusing than what it really is...Tell us directly at the motor what power and ground you have...when you say you have it at the plug...do you have it on the other side of the plug??? Take your measrure right at the wires going into the motor and report your findings.

O
overton Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
O
There is 12 vdc right at the wires going into the plug.

This is what I don't understand. Test light and volt meter show there is power there. Just the fan doesn't spin.

I take the fan out of the circuit, and apply 12v right from the battery, IT WORKS FINE.

I then hook the volt meter wires inline with the wires going to the fan, it shows 12vdc, then when the motor is hooked up, it shows 0 volts.

Purple/Blue has 12 volts there when the switch is in the fan mode.

Purplr/Blue has 4.0 volts there when the switch is in the A/C mode.

There is continuity between the blue/black wire at the fan
and the neg. post on the battery or the ground post behind the right passenger kick plate cover.

I followed the schematics above and there is 12volts getting to the switch's.

Could something in the a/c be causing this to happen ????

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard