Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
The voltage to the pump will be varied based on demand I.E. CAT fuel remnants rich/lean calculations. Also the line pressure should be more constant with a higher rate pump and a more consistent jet from the injectors. That is MY understanding of high rate fuel pumps.

Lee Cox No Contours to speak of...
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Alright, today after school, I pulled the fuel pump out of the car. Got it out and my dad says "You sure its the fuel pump?" Our plan was to pull the pump and take off the filters and run it like that to see if the in-basket filter was clogged up. We got it out and there was a goey chunk in the bottom of the tank right under where it draws fuel from. I've got a bunch of pics of this and the gooey stuff. I'll make another post later with some pics.

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Andy,
I saw your other thread with the goo! Sorry to hear about all that. Good to hear that the car is running better. I want to ask you guys of all that have done this mod who has had a stuck fuel gauge? After doing all this work last week took the car to gas up and needle went up(Just like its supposed to). I have now gone about 250 miles and its still on "F". Took all this crap apart to find the "bobber" sitting on the the top of the fuel level in the tank, pushed the "bobber" down with a flathead screwdriver and it came back up. Did this a few times and it seems like it isn't snaged on anything. The tank appears to have 1/2-3/4 of fuel. At least the pump while sitting in the basket has about half the fuel along the side of it. Anybody got any suggestions on what the deal is? Thanks for any help. This was agreat mod, hate too see it go to waste on this stupid fuel leveler.

'00 T-Red TourSE 2.5L ATX Foglight Mod,Optimized Y-Pipe & TB, FSVT F/P,RU-3530 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/688552
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Did you use the float from the contour pump?
Did you reinstall it backwards or something?

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Well after posting the last thread I went out to the car just to see what it was doing and low and behold the gauge read 1/4 tank. Funny after messing with it it stayed on full then drove 25 miles out here to mom's and now it's working. Guess when I leave to go home I'll fill up and see what it does this week?

Derk, on your two questions (1) yes and (2)no. However the backward one could have been possible since there was 3 of us working on it. Got a little confusing in that little carport trying to stay out of the rain!

'00 T-Red TourSE 2.5L ATX Foglight Mod,Optimized Y-Pipe & TB, FSVT F/P,RU-3530 http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/688552
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Sounds like the float was just stuck and you jiggled it loose... er something.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Well I filled up the other night, now I've gone @ 60-65 miles now and still pegged above "F". Don't know about these "tempermental" machines.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Quote:

Well I filled up the other night, now I've gone @ 60-65 miles now and still pegged above "F". Don't know about these "tempermental" machines.

That sounds normal to me...

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
Quote:

That sounds normal to me...

me too

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
I can't figure out what's doing this, it worked fine before. Now have about 100 miles on this tank full and still on full.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard