Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
CEG\'er
CEG\'er

of course i removed the filter disk at the bottom of the fuel pump basket, like it said in the info how-to section.

My problem is the sock filter that attaches to the pump itself, i'm currently using the fsvt square shaped filter but it cuts out under full throttle once the tank drops below 1/2 tank of fuel . i had to bend it to fit the contour basket and it doesn't fit propperly.

I need a new contour L shaped sock filter in a bad way. but paying for a $300 complete unit from the dealer seems ludacris.

what about running with no filter attached to the bottom of the fsvt f/p itself >? what are your thoughts on that idea ? although i would like to have some sort of filter attached to the bottom of the pump.

seems my only other option is to used my filthy ,nasty grimy, [ this is its condition after i sprayed it with t/b cleaner and brake cleanerand then an air hose] there is no cleaning my stock L shaped sock filter .

if i go back into my tank again this will be about the eight time. i'm not going to be using a filter at all. i will not be using a single filter in the whole tank. let me know if that sounds like a bad idea to you.

-2000 csvt silver frost #1619 -magnaflow 14415 -optimized T/B & y-pipe -superchips xgt1 -75mm proflow maf -K&N RU-3530 -fsvt smart pump # 354Z-9H307-BC -spec stage one, LSD -low-tek,a/f,oil press.,volts -B&M short shifter -17" konig gt-r
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by 00SVTGA:
let me know if that sounds like a bad idea to you.

I'm no pro, but it sounds like a bad idea to me. If Ford put two filters in there, they obviously didn't want gunk glogging up the pump. I cleaned my L-shaped sock filter and reused it, as the FSVT square filter didn't allow the pump to sit correctly in its housing.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You could always cut a slot through the basket and let the seal poke out....

I'm going to swap my Focus pump in this week, so I'll see if I can come up with any ideas.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Looks like im gonna hafta get a new fuel pump too. I cleaned out the V sock and removed the filter in the bottom of the assembly. It ran absolutely awesome after I did this, and of course, im out with some friends going to a car show yesterday night and the motor starts stuttering like crazy. I look at my fuel guage, and it reads 1/4. D'oh! Course, these friends are always messing around with me, saying my car sucks and such (course, I do the same to them, never serious, they've all said they like my car). Needless to say, I heard about it in school today. I filled up the tank and it ran much better, though still not perfect.

Anyways, Im gonna send Bill J. an email later tonight and find out about the FSVT Fuel pump/sender.

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
CEG\'er
CEG\'er

its the filter not the pump! i need a new L shaped filter for my contour svt. yea i cleaned my sock filter out as well and the car ran great for all of 5 hour and started cutting out once again .let me know how it goes stazi

looks like my only option is to buy a $300 csvt fuel pump unit from the dealer. remove the sock filter and then return it to the dealer. i know it sounds shady but i'm running out of ideas.

cutting a small hole in the L -shaped sock filter does fix but i don't want to contaminate my new fsvt pump.

WHERE CAN I GET A NEW L -SHAPED SOCK FILTER FOR A 2000 CSVT?

TURNS OUT THATS ALL I NEEDED IN THE FIRST PLACE !!!

-2000 csvt silver frost #1619 -magnaflow 14415 -optimized T/B & y-pipe -superchips xgt1 -75mm proflow maf -K&N RU-3530 -fsvt smart pump # 354Z-9H307-BC -spec stage one, LSD -low-tek,a/f,oil press.,volts -B&M short shifter -17" konig gt-r
E
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
E
From the thread discussion it appears a dirty sock is a frequent problem, not a bad fuel pump. Just an idea, you may be able to find a low mileage Contour at a junk yard and salvage the sock from the car and clean it up. It will take some extra effort (you will probably have to remove it from the car yourself) but a lot cheaper than a $300 new pump.

erb13

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
That's a good idea. But I'm thinkin' that the filter gets so gunked up that the pump itself does indeed get damaged. Can't say for sure, though.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
Check O'reilly auto parts for pump,sending unit, etc. I paid 130 for complete unit from O'reilly and it even had a ford label on it!

Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Derk2000:
That's a good idea. But I'm thinkin' that the filter gets so gunked up that the pump itself does indeed get damaged. Can't say for sure, though.

I cleaned out mine with gas and compressed air... It worked fine for about 3 months and now the problem is back.

I plan on taking my current fuel pump apart when the new one comes to see what the deal was.

When I changed my out of tank fuel filter the gas in there was clean for a little while and then the crud started pouring out of it.

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Forgot to add, It looks like JC Whitney migh have the V shaped fuel filter.

If you put in your car info, go to fuel system and then fuel pump filter/strainer, they have a couple filters in there. I may order one to see if it is the correct one.

I need to make a call to Bill J. to get my FSVT pump ordered.

Does anyone have a pic of the FSVT's fuel pump filter??

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard