Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I'm going to try REALLY, REALLY hard to find a way to afford this, but my suggestion to you wa2tuff would be perhaps have one of those clear bra's put on. Hardly shows up, and for the investment on this hood, I think it would be worth every penny.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
I'm going to try REALLY, REALLY hard to find a way to afford this, but my suggestion to you wa2tuff would be perhaps have one of those clear bra's put on. Hardly shows up, and for the investment on this hood, I think it would be worth every penny.

Are you talking about an actual bra or the clear stick on stuff? If it's the stick on stuff, wouldn't it still look different or at least have a line across the hood on the trailing edge? Hey livinsvt, what's the answer to the question of the day?

Ding carbon fiber? LMFAO! Sounds like someone is making excuses NOT to get one.

Standard Grade Carbon Fiber Tensile Strength (GPa) 3.5
High Tensile Steel Tensile Strength (GPa) 1.3

And Todd, since I really don't know, why don't you be the hero of the day and enlighten me. I guess you're telling me it won't chip? I find that hard to believe.

Last edited by wa2tuff; 06/23/04 03:43 PM.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I'm not all on the up and up on this stuff, but can these be painted?

Ryan Trollin!
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
I'm not all on the up and up on this stuff, but can these be painted?

Most definitly. You just have to scuff the clear coat, and have it re-sprayed/cleared.

Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Since you are in Michigan, am I safe in assuming you'll be at the Downtown Cruise with one of these on your/someone's ride? Because your night time pictures (excuse me) leave alot to be desired, it would be perfect to see them in person. If not, take a few minutes today and take some more pictures. You got the night time ones up quick, hopefully you can do the same with the day time ones. Face it, you're asking for over $550, better pix will help us decide quicker. Thanks for all you've done so far.

Dang awfully bossy..LOL No love, I was up until 4:00 am doin this for ya, than back up at 11:00. I will say again, I will get daytime pics up ASAP. I figured something was better than nothing. Me and the car are in two different places. As far as the downriver cruise, I can't say for sure if I will be there or not. Once again sorry for the poor images everyone. I will let Jacob answer the questions about rocks, but like mentioned before carbon fiber doesn't chip, but it does use automotive clear coat so "dings" may be unavoidable, in the clear itself. Thanks all

Last edited by livinsvt; 06/23/04 03:50 PM.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Yes, I was referring to the clear plastic film that can be applied to the front ends of cars. When I have my car repainted, I will most definitely be getting a clear bra put on the bumper, and front end of hood. I'd rather have a small line across the hood, and chips in my clear bra, than have chips in the clear coat. Besides, clear bras can always be removed and replaced with new ones, i.e. bye bye chips!
I'll probably also be getting the clear bra put on the side skirts and a small portion of the rear bumper. But all this will be at least a year or two away till i have the money to spend on repainting the car.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
FYI it's called 3M Paint Protectant Film. Way different than a bra. No the hood won't ding. The worst that could happen is that the clear will chip just like a regular hood.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by livinsvt:
Dang awfully bossy..LOL No love, I was up until 4:00 am doin this for ya, than back up at 11:00. I will say again, I will get daytime pics up ASAP. I figured something was better than nothing. Me and the car are in two different places. As far as the downriver cruise, I can't say for sure if I will be there or not. Once again sorry for the poor images everyone. I will let Jacob answer the questions about rocks, but like mentioned before carbon fiber doesn't chip, but it does use automotive clear coat so "dings" may be unavoidable, in the clear itself. Thanks all

No need to apologize us because some people are a little TOO IMPATIENT. You are doing a good job livinsvt, people need to realize that this group buy is going very good so far compared to the others that failed or are having problems.

2003 Toyota Matrix 1972 Pontiac Ventura II "Sprint" 1998 SVT !SOLD!
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by WOLF24:
Originally posted by livinsvt:

No need to apologize us because some people are a little TOO IMPATIENT. You are doing a good job livinsvt, people need to realize that this group buy is going very good so far compared to the others that failed or are having problems.

Jeez, sorry if I didn't put a LOL in there somewhere. I'm not a little too impatient, I'm alot impatient. I've been waiting on something like this forever (at least it seems that long). I'm not b!tchin, I just want it.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by carraudio:
How long do we have to place our orders?

Ya I want one too, but cant get one right away.

Justin Schmidt 2000 SVT Tour #1620 of 2150 Born 1/15/2000
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by thejms:
Originally posted by carraudio:
How long do we have to place our orders?

Ya I want one too, but cant get one right away.

Ryan Trollin!
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard