Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
rouar Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
How many miles can you get your car to go (or are willing to go) before refilling the tank?

In light of recent gas prices, I began waiting it out till my next paycheck or as necessary. This is the longest I've ever gone, and hopefully the first and last time I see the gas light This particular tank got me to the CT meet and back, and another few days back and forth to work and school.

Trip meter is reset every time I refill.

The challenge is set: post your mileage or gauge records!

S
Zippy Zetec on his last legs.
S
thats pretty good for an ATX V6...i have gotten 400 hwy...but havent had the guts to go any farther. lowest i have ever gotten wa 188 city (with a foot on the floor at every stop and every go!)

Regards, Cole. Relegating to troll status sometime this week. New Whip: 1990 Lexus ES250. Old Hotness: 1995 GL MTX Zetec *IN TRIAGE* "I had a little friend once, but it dont move no more... "
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Lucky [censored]... you get a low gas light

I will go as low as the 3/4 Mark

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by 98 SE:
How many miles can you get your car to go (or are willing to go) before refilling the tank?

In light of recent gas prices, I began waiting it out till my next paycheck or as necessary. This is the longest I've ever gone, and hopefully the first and last time I see the gas light This particular tank got me to the CT meet and back, and another few days back and forth to work and school.

Trip meter is reset every time I refill.

The challenge is set: post your mileage or gauge records!

Hmm, I guess you must like replacing fuel pumps. After my fuel pump issue, I never go under a 1/2 tank. Oh by the way I average 32-36MPG. Last week I reached a record of 41.0 MPG.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
the best i can do is 270-280 . so do you go downhill a lot and turn your car off while going down the hill ? just kidding!

2006 fusion sel 1998 grand prix gtp(wife) 1993 dodge shadow es(winter beater)
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Oh yah, forgot to mention that

Fuel Pump stays cool by the gasoline inside the tank...
Fuel pump gets hot with low gas to not cool it...
Fuel pump will go bad

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by ContourKev:
Oh yah, forgot to mention that

Fuel Pump stays cool by the gasoline inside the tank...
Fuel pump gets hot with low gas to not cool it...
Fuel pump will go bad

That is correct.

Now I hate America? That is a new one to me.
R
rouar Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
For the record, I have let it get over 300 miles only twice, this first time working toward "the record" (haha) and second time it just happened. Under traditional circumstances I refill somewhere between 1/2 and 1/4 tank, and don't like to let it below 1/4.

The fuel pump was replaced under warranty when we got the car at 24K miles. With both situations in mind hopefully it will last me a lot longer than you guys think. I tend to imply things other than I mean, of which this is another case

This gas was el-cheapo $2.009 Wal-Mart gas of which I've used twice thus far, can you imagine I get seem to get better mileage with it? lol ...

S
S
thats why i usually fill up with 1/4 tank still in there, but lately i have been stretching it more and more. but gas prices are back down( or getting there, gas was 1.68 at QT across the street froma shell station that had gas for 1.69...i love gas wars!)so i reckon i oughta stop stretching it. i actually ran the car out of gas once as i pulled into a chevron..trip odometer read 456 miles...

and shutting off your car while going down a hill and then turning it back on at the bottom is bad for many components:

1. fuel pump
2. cat
just to name 2...

Regards, Cole. Relegating to troll status sometime this week. New Whip: 1990 Lexus ES250. Old Hotness: 1995 GL MTX Zetec *IN TRIAGE* "I had a little friend once, but it dont move no more... "
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I only ran my car to E once
and that was cus when I first bought her, it just sat in a driveway... i wanted the old gas out

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard