Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Hey I just gave Jet-Hot a call and found out some information. We have to get 12 ORDERS. Therefore, no matter is you send 1 peice, or 5 peices, its still considered 1 order, so therefore we'll need 12 people to get into the Group Buy. However Chris said he'd be happy to "help" us work this out if we only got like 9 people So I"m guessing we have a little it of space to work in here. Also, Chris said the limit of discount would be 30%. Therfore, those hoping to send in multiple peices and also participate in the Group Buy will still just get a 30% discount.

Ok guys, I REALLY want this, so lets get the required people make this happen.....

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
count me in for $77 if the following applies...
1. if they're gonna blast off the current gunmetal coating thats on mine before they coat it. (i bought it like that).
2. i want the nickel/sterling coating to look as close to chrome as possible. I dont want anyone to get the impression that i spray painted it. i see demons is lookin sweet.

mine is currently at extrude hone, so whenever they're done, i'll go for it.

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:
count me in for $77 if the following applies...
1. if they're gonna blast off the current gunmetal coating thats on mine before they coat it. (i bought it like that).
2. i want the nickel/sterling coating to look as close to chrome as possible. I dont want anyone to get the impression that i spray painted it. i see demons is lookin sweet.

mine is currently at extrude hone, so whenever they're done, i'll go for it.

Dean,

Yes...they will blast off all the current coating (paint, powdercoat, etc.) before they Jet-Hot coat,that is part of the process. You should have seen SVT ST Pete's SHM headers before he sent them out...now the look awesome. Maybe Pete will post some pic's. Also if you have any rough edges you want to smooth out do it before you send it to Jet-Hot.

Extrude Hone will ship your UIM to Jet-Hot if you set it up. That will save you one leg of the shipping probably worth $15-$20? Getting the UIM Jet-Hot coated for $77 is a prtty good deal and can only help the Extrude Hone process for just a few $$$ more.

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
YES TO JET-HOT GB:
1. scottd60 (UIM, MSDS headers & Y-pipe)
2. SVT ST Pete (UIM, ?)
3. SVTCuervo (UIM)
4. Andrew
5. DeanJoyce.com

Come on guys, this is a great deal!!!

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I've already polished my UIM, how would the clear coating compare? It's like a mirror now......

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
CEG & NECO,

SVT ST Pete and I (scottd60) along with several others on the boards have sent out UIM's to Extrude Hone for the GB. Pete and I decided that it would be a good time to JET-HOT coat them as well. I contacted JET-HOT to get some details and possible discounts for Pete and I.

Here are the prices for some popular items to Jet-Hot...BEFORE ANY DISCOUNT:
1. Upper Intake Manifold (UIM) $110.......($77 after discount)
2. Lower Intake Manifold (LIM) $130....... ($91 after discount)
3. Headers $179.........................................($125.30 after discount)
4. Y-Pipe $15 per foot...............................($10.50 after discount)

Prices for any other items call Jet-Hot (1-800-432-3379) and talk to either Chris or Todd for a quote. Tell them this is for the GB Scott from CEG inquired about. http://www.jet-hot.com

PM "SVT ST Pete" or me "scottd60" for other question and we will get back to you ASAP with an answer.

Note: Return shipping is NOT included in the price.

Now for the discounts:

1. Multiple items (example:UIM & Headers, 2 UIM's, etc.) get a 15% discount. You can do this on your own if you like and is what Pete and I will do if this does not happen. This pretty much covers your return shipping in most cases.

2. Group Buy Discount requires 12 customers or more to get a 30% discount. This is not limited to just UIM's, Headers, Y-pipe's, etc. or is it limited to Contour/Cougar parts. It can include parts for: Motorcycles, Boats, Trucks, etc. they don't care what the items are from. Just 12 or more customers.

The 15% discount you can do yourself and will not require a group. Just contact Jet-Hot and get your discount if you have multiple items.

The 30% GB discount will have an account set up buy Jet-Hot where you will go and place your order directly with them. There will be NO middle-man and Pete and I will not be involved if we proceed with this GB other then to get it going with Jet-Hot. All contacts will be with Jet-Hot directly. They have done these before and are a very reputable company in the automotive performance industry.

SVT ST Pete will also be posting this to the Cougar guys at NECO as well.

Please post if you are interested...we will not waste very much time since UIM's will be coming back in a week or two and we do not want to drag out our down time. I will be back in contact with Jet-Hot Monday or Tuesday to tell them it is a go or not.

Do not say yes if you are not 100% IN!

YES TO JET-HOT GB:

2. SVT ST Pete (UIM, ?)
3. SVTCuervo (UIM)
4. Andrew (UIM)
5. DeanJoyce (UIM)
6. wa2tuf ? interested...Yes or No
7. Alan Coles ? interested...Yes or No

New Info:

Ok...I talked to Jet-Hot today and here is some additional info. SVTCuervo is correct...we need 12 orders but if we are close they will bend the rule

Now for colors, they offer: Black, Blue, and Gray. These are FLAT in finish and are applied over the Sterling Ceramic coating during the process. The cost will be an additional $40 before the discount for one of the 3 colors. Also if you are doing the LIM they offer an option to coat the bottom side of the LIM between the LIM and the engine block with a BLACK heat barrier to help block/reduce heat coming up off the engine. This is an additional $20 before the discount.

Processing time from date of arrival to the time it is shipped back to you is 4-5 days...pretty quick! Manifolds can be shipped from Extrude Hone directly to Jet-Hot to save time and some money. You will need to set this up with both company's and I have been told that it is not a problem. Also if you and a friend want to ship your items together to save shipping cost that is fine as well. When Jet-Hot takes your order you will get a processing number for each order. This way it will count as a separate order even if they are shipped together plus each can be billed separate as well...so you won't have to worry about collecting money from your friend

If you are wondering how it will look...

Check out Speed Demons site for more pic's of Jet-Hot parts
web page

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Swazo:
I've already polished my UIM, how would the clear coating compare? It's like a mirror now......

Swazo,

I would think that you would get an even more polished look over the already beautiful finish Jet-Hot provides. I would call Chris or Todd and they should be able tell you how your finish will turn out for sure.

Scott

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
This sounds interesting. And I might as well since mine is being shipped around with yours and Pete's anyway.

Originally posted by scottd60:
Also if you have any rough edges you want to smooth out do it before you send it to Jet-Hot.

I don't remember if there are any rough edges on mine or not but since mine is already off at Extrude Hone, there's not much I can do about that now. Same thing goes for my SVT emblem still being on it. Could they remove mine instead of just coating over it too?

Bill '00 SVT Black/Tan
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by EvlBill:
This sounds interesting. And I might as well since mine is being shipped around with yours and Pete's anyway.

Originally posted by scottd60:
Also if you have any rough edges you want to smooth out do it before you send it to Jet-Hot.

I don't remember if there are any rough edges on mine or not but since mine is already off at Extrude Hone, there's not much I can do about that now. Same thing goes for my SVT emblem still being on it. Could they remove mine instead of just coating over it too?

Bill,

Pete and I are not shipping them from EH...Pete wants to clean his up a good bit. I will probably do a little clean up of the edges on mine as well?

They will not coat over your SVT emblem...it will be removed.

Scott

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
CEG & NECO,

SVT ST Pete and I (scottd60) along with several others on the boards have sent out UIM's to Extrude Hone for the GB. Pete and I decided that it would be a good time to JET-HOT coat them as well. I contacted JET-HOT to get some details and possible discounts for Pete and I.

Here are the prices for some popular items to Jet-Hot...BEFORE ANY DISCOUNT:
1. Upper Intake Manifold (UIM) $110.......($77 after discount)
2. Lower Intake Manifold (LIM) $130....... ($91 after discount)
3. Headers $179.........................................($125.30 after discount)
4. Y-Pipe $15 per foot...............................($10.50 after discount)

Prices for any other items call Jet-Hot (1-800-432-3379) and talk to either Chris or Todd for a quote. Tell them this is for the GB Scott from CEG inquired about. http://www.jet-hot.com

PM "SVT ST Pete" or me "scottd60" for other question and we will get back to you ASAP with an answer.

Note: Return shipping is NOT included in the price.

Now for the discounts:

1. Multiple items (example:UIM & Headers, 2 UIM's, etc.) get a 15% discount. You can do this on your own if you like and is what Pete and I will do if this does not happen. This pretty much covers your return shipping in most cases.

2. Group Buy Discount requires 12 customers or more to get a 30% discount. This is not limited to just UIM's, Headers, Y-pipe's, etc. or is it limited to Contour/Cougar parts. It can include parts for: Motorcycles, Boats, Trucks, etc. they don't care what the items are from. Just 12 or more customers.

The 15% discount you can do yourself and will not require a group. Just contact Jet-Hot and get your discount if you have multiple items.

The 30% GB discount will have an account set up buy Jet-Hot where you will go and place your order directly with them. There will be NO middle-man and Pete and I will not be involved if we proceed with this GB other then to get it going with Jet-Hot. All contacts will be with Jet-Hot directly. They have done these before and are a very reputable company in the automotive performance industry.

SVT ST Pete will also be posting this to the Cougar guys at NECO as well.

Please post if you are interested...we will not waste very much time since UIM's will be coming back in a week or two and we do not want to drag out our down time. I will be back in contact with Jet-Hot Monday or Tuesday to tell them it is a go or not.

Do not say yes if you are not 100% IN!

YES TO JET-HOT GB:

2. SVT ST Pete (UIM, ?)
3. SVTCuervo (UIM)
4. Andrew (UIM)
5. DeanJoyce (UIM)
6. wa2tuf ? interested...Yes or No
7. Alan Coles ? interested...Yes or No
8. EvlBill (UIM)

New Info:

Ok...I talked to Jet-Hot today and here is some additional info. SVTCuervo is correct...we need 12 orders but if we are close they will bend the rule

Now for colors, they offer: Black, Blue, and Gray. These are FLAT in finish and are applied over the Sterling Ceramic coating during the process. The cost will be an additional $40 before the discount for one of the 3 colors. Also if you are doing the LIM they offer an option to coat the bottom side of the LIM between the LIM and the engine block with a BLACK heat barrier to help block/reduce heat coming up off the engine. This is an additional $20 before the discount.

Processing time from date of arrival to the time it is shipped back to you is 4-5 days...pretty quick! Manifolds can be shipped from Extrude Hone directly to Jet-Hot to save time and some money. You will need to set this up with both company's and I have been told that it is not a problem. Also if you and a friend want to ship your items together to save shipping cost that is fine as well. When Jet-Hot takes your order you will get a processing number for each order. This way it will count as a separate order even if they are shipped together plus each can be billed separate as well...so you won't have to worry about collecting money from your friend

If you are wondering how it will look...

Check out Speed Demons site for more pic's of Jet-Hot parts
web page

Scott

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard