Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
CEG & NECO,

SVT ST Pete and I (scottd60) along with several others on the boards have sent out UIM's to Extrude Hone for the GB. Pete and I decided that it would be a good time to JET-HOT coat them as well. I contacted JET-HOT to get some details and possible discounts for Pete and I.

Here are the prices for some popular items to Jet-Hot...BEFORE ANY DISCOUNT:
1. Upper Intake Manifold (UIM) $110
2. Lower Intake Manifold (LIM) $130
3. Headers $179
4. Y-Pipe $15 per foot

Prices for any other items call Jet-Hot (1-800-432-3379) and talk to either Chris or Todd for a quote. Tell them this is for the GB Scott from CEG inquired about. http://www.jet-hot.com

PM "SVT ST Pete" or me "scottd60" for other question and we will get back to you ASAP with an answer.

Note: Return shipping is NOT included in the price.

Now for the discounts:

1. Multiple items (example:UIM & Headers, 2 UIM's, etc.) get a 15% discount. You can do this on your own if you like and is what Pete and I will do if this does not happen. This pretty much covers your return shipping in most cases.

2. Group Buy Discount requires 12 customers or more to get a 30% discount. This is not limited to just UIM's, Headers, Y-pipe's, etc. or is it limited to Contour/Cougar parts. It can include parts for: Motorcycles, Boats, Trucks, etc. they don't care what the items are from. Just 12 or more customers.

The 15% discount you can do yourself and will not require a group. Just contact Jet-Hot and get your discount if you have multiple items.

The 30% GB discount will have an account set up buy Jet-Hot where you will go and place your order directly with them. There will be NO middle-man and Pete and I will not be involved if we proceed with this GB other then to get it going with Jet-Hot. All contacts will be with Jet-Hot directly. They have done these before and are a very reputable company in the automotive performance industry.

SVT ST Pete will also be posting this to the Cougar guys at NECO as well.

Please post if you are interested...we will not waste very much time since UIM's will be coming back in a week or two and we do not want to drag out our down time. I will be back in contact with Jet-Hot Monday or Tuesday to tell them it is a go or not.

Do not say yes if you are not 100% IN!

YES TO JET-HOT GB:
1. scottd60 (UIM, MSDS headers & Y-pipe)
2. SVT ST Pete (UIM, ?)

I will check with Jet-Hot to see if multiple orders count as multiple customers? If this is the case...I may count as 3 (UIM, MSDS headers & Y-pipe) which should make this list, fill up pretty easy

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
We'll also find out if the other Jet Hot colors will cost any more than the standard nickel (chrome-like) coating.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
If you are wondering how it will look...

Check out Speed Demons site for more pic's of Jet-Hot parts
web page

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
If they don't have my UIM for forever, then I"m deffinately in.

YES TO JET-HOT GB:
2. SVT ST Pete (UIM, ?)
3. SVTCuervo (UIM)

I'll need to know a turn around time for this. Also, if we send mutiple items, and we have a group buy, will that net us even more of a discount? Thanks

Last edited by SVTCuervo; 06/19/04 08:03 PM.

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
1. For the uninformed (ME), is there any advantage to doing the UIM other than the awesome look?
2. What is the downtime since this is my daily driver?
3. Is the discount for total pieces sent in the GB or is it per person?
4. Do they remove and replace the SVT emblem or is that up to me? If it's up to me, do I also have to clean it (inside and/or out) before I send it?

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
1. For the uninformed (ME), is there any advantage to doing the UIM other than the awesome look?
2. What is the downtime since this is my daily driver?
3. Is the discount for total pieces sent in the GB or is it per person?
4. Do they remove and replace the SVT emblem or is that up to me? If it's up to me, do I also have to clean it (inside and/or out) before I send it?

1. Check out Jet Hot's web site for more detailed info.
Ever try touching your UIM after even a short drive? Hot.
Jet Hot coating it will reduce temps. The do offer other colors - red, blue and black.
We'll call Monday to check prices difference if any.
2. Probably 2 weeks. I would suggest grabbing an SE manifold in the meantime.
3. As of right now it's 12 "customers". We'll give them a call on Monday about maybe changing that to "pieces".
4. You'll hav to remove that yourself - very easy. Should be moderately cleaned. It's only the outside getting coated so...

Good questions.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Great timing! I had just spoken to Jet-Hot about getting this done last week. I too am in on the EH GB, and would want to get it done after the UIM is returned. However, I am out of town until at least July 1, so that is the earliest I could do it. (I am also looking at de-flashing the casting a little prior to JH)

Andrew

Q. Are we looking at both the silver JH coating on top & the black JH on bottom?

This was recommended to me by Todd for the ultimate in heat rejection.

YES TO JET-HOT GB:
2. SVT ST Pete (UIM, ?)
3. SVTCuervo (UIM)
4. Andrew

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Originally posted by wa2tuff:

1. Check out Jet Hot's web site for more detailed info.
Ever try touching your UIM after even a short drive? Hot.
Jet Hot coating it will reduce temps. The do offer other colors - red, blue and black.
We'll call Monday to check prices difference if any.

Originally posted by Speed Demons:

My upper intake manifold is ceramic coated by Jet Hot, as well as some other parts. But yes it decreases the temps by 25-30% You can view my web site for pics.

The cooler the air the better...plus makes the benefit of a CIA that much better as well Why go to great troubles to bring in cool air only to heat it back up in the UIM/LIM

Scott

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Andrew:
Great timing! I had just spoken to Jet-Hot about getting this done last week. I too am in on the EH GB, and would want to get it done after the UIM is returned. However, I am out of town until at least July 1, so that is the earliest I could do it. (I am also looking at de-flashing the casting a little prior to JH)

Andrew, you might want to consider having EH send it directly from their shop to JH. This would save you a shipping fee and it could be done while you're away!!!

That's what I'm thinking of doing.

Regards, Alan

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Yeah, I thought about that to save the hassle of shipping, but I still want to deflash the casting some. Not a performance enhancement, but since the UIM is gonna have almost $850 in it, I'd like it to look the part.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard