Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
NOT TO HIJACK THE THREAD, BUT... You have a Snop-On scanner?

It wouldn't happen to be a MODIS, would it?
I ask because I have a MODIS.. and would like to talk with you about a few things, offline..

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

H
OP Offline
H
Nope, sorry Ray.

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
my fans never come on and my level on normal is up to the a-l bordering on red can anyone tell me what the power distribution box diagram for a durtech 2.5 is ? or any other sugestions ??? how come my fans are not comming on

98 contour SE 2.5 L duratech
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
found out y the fans are not comming on, the one on the left of the car is stuck tonight i just sprayed electric cleaner in there then massive amounts of WD40 seems to spin much better I haven't started it yet I figure I will let it soak then in the morning see what happens I hope the motor did burn up when I figured it out I turned it a few times till it losened up then I started it after awhile it stoped with a squeeking noise and then some smoke LOL anyway it spins better now.
But I am wondering what is the other fan for is it the low speed fan or does that one fan spin slow then go fast ??? the fan on the left is nice and spins real good but what's it for?????????????? someone helP

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
didn't help however the fan does now seem to turn better but I have a blow 60 amp fuse the middle one number 2 I think so I am not sure what i idid and the other fan still seems to never come on I think I am goin to try to hotwire the fans and see if they come on at all and replace that fuse

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by chris26mky:
found out y the fans are not comming on, the one on the left of the car is stuck tonight i just sprayed electric cleaner in there then massive amounts of WD40 seems to spin much better I haven't started it yet I figure I will let it soak then in the morning see what happens I hope the motor did burn up when I figured it out I turned it a few times till it losened up then I started it after awhile it stoped with a squeeking noise and then some smoke LOL anyway it spins better now.
But I am wondering what is the other fan for is it the low speed fan or does that one fan spin slow then go fast ??? the fan on the left is nice and spins real good but what's it for?????????????? someone helP

You have two fans...a low and high speed fan both run when you call for air conditioning. If your fan was stuck, then it needs to be replaced...they sieze up from salt and crap off the road...bearings are likely gone on it...I had an Intrepid that had the same thing, even the one I went to get at the scrap yard was siezed.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Taasman:
Originally posted by chris26mky:

You have two fans...a low and high speed fan both run when you call for air conditioning. If your fan was stuck, then it needs to be replaced...they sieze up from salt and crap off the road...bearings are likely gone on it...I had an Intrepid that had the same thing, even the one I went to get at the scrap yard was siezed.

Both fans are wired in parallel and are supposed to operate at the same speed at the same time, i.e., both on high or both on low.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
got the fans in... pain in the rear end but I got it out and the one I got at the junk yard went in with no problems. so I am ok with the fans now...on the other hand I am getting a misfire from time to time and it still stays a bit hot right past the m. I also replaced the temp sensor for the gadgues on the dash. fans work fine so I am not goin to replace the ECT sensor. anyway now that those are working,,,,I added stopleak to the readiator cause it said it was good for the heads also but I did that before the fans were replaced. now that being said do you think the readiator has clogged coils from it???? I also did a flush on the engine and radiator by sticking a hose in all the other hoses and letting it run through the block and readiator but it could go through the radiator even haveing clogged coils right????? so what do you think>>>>

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
my car just started overheating today. i was driving home, a few blocks from my house, when i noticed it was almost to red. by the time i pulled up to my house it was totally in red. it is a very hot day (about 85-90), but this has never happened before. the coolant was boiling over when i popped the hood and it took a few minutes for the temp to come back to normal. i hoped it was a bad mixture and added more antifreeze, then took it for a ride around the block. was back in the red by the time i finished. does this sounds like the thermostat? water pump? which is most likely and how much should these cost me to get replaced at a garage?

1998.5 Ford Countour SE Sport V6 5-spd. Black/Gray with SVT 16inch wheels. approximately 89,000 miles 2004 Toyota RAV4 L Auto Silver/Grey Leather 4,000 miles
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Wp, or t-stat.. both should be replaced together.

For the love of your car, don't drive it ANYWHERE else..

If you just want to know which it is, for s's & g's, check your heater... if you have heat coming from the car, with the engine at normal temp, then its your t-stat..

If your heater does NOT blow heat at all, its your WP.

Either way, as stated before, change both, anyway.. both are located on the drivers side, bottom of engine..

There are multiple faq's for this on the site.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard