Print Thread
#984252 06/19/04 02:29 AM
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Xpost from the brakes forum (2nd attempt, Comcast crapped out on me when I tried to post a few minutes ago)

I know a lot of you have done business with Stazi, and my story only reflects my current situation. Read with an open mind, I am not trying to pick a fight.

------------------------

I have a problem.

This all started over 2 months ago, when I checked my brakes and saw they were getting a bit thin. So, after looking at my options and checking around, I decided to ask Stazi about the pricing for the brakes he is selling. We exchanged a few PMs and he gave me pricing, I discovered that SVT brakes would not fit, so I decided to order the regular sized rotors w/ pads front and rear. On the 24th of May, I sent him the full amount in a money order. A few days go by and I ask if he has received the Money order yet, as I wanted to make sure he has received it. He replies that he will go to his supplier the next day, the 29th (a Tuesday) to pick some more up and ship them the next week. I am puzzled by the delay in picking them up and shipping them, but not a problem, they would get here when the other stuff I ordered from BAT arrives. Not a problem as I want to replace the rotors, pads and install the SS brake lines I ordered all at the same time. The BAT order arrives, but still no packages from Stazi. By this time, I am starting to get some serious grinding when I press my brakes a bit harder than normal. No problem, the brakes should be on the way. More time goes by and around the 7th of June, I decide to send him another PM. His reply on the 9th informs me that he sent them the previous day and I should have them by the end of the week. if you are keeping track of the days, that is a full week and a day after he told me that he would send them according to the PM I received on the 29th. So I wait. I figure out that the pad that seems to be metal to metal is the inner pad on the passenger front. Metal dust is beginning to collect on the wheel and rust is visible. The end of that week (and my birthday) pass and still the rotors/pads have not arrived. It is Tuesday the 15th before the rotors show up. But there are no pads in the box. I have to say the quality of the rotors looks excellent, but without new pads, they are useless. I begin to send Stazi emails requesting tracking numbers so we can find out where the package of pads is. No response.

By last night, my patience was at the end. I have sent Stazi daily PMs since the 10th, but received nothing. Todras implies he is out of town on business. Fine. That is understandable, but I have a serious problem with the way this whole thing has progressed.

For whatever reason Stazi has chosen to do business, whether it be profit, convenience, or a simple desire to help fellow CEG'ers, I really don't care. He is offering a product. As a business, he has a responsibility to all of his customers to act in a manner that is line with good business practice. As a consumer, I have a warning to heed that all consumers should be aware of. "Let the buyer beware". I am not implying that Stazi is trying to cheat me, or that he has nefarious intent. He has simply failed in his end of the bargain. As a customer, I have two choices. I can help Stazi improve by giving him feedback on his business practices and/or I can help other consumers avoid the problems I have had with his level of service. I hope this post does both.

Stazi, when you take money for a goods or services, good business practice dictates that you move as expeditiously as possible. But I also take some blame. Due to other people's comments after doing business with you, I assumed that you would be more responsible, and I did not ask you for approximate shipping times and so on. That was my fault.

To anyone that buys a product from any of our garage entrepreneur, make sure the expectations for when you will receive the product are clear. We should deliver funds to the seller in a timely manner and they should ship the product within a mutually agreed time upon receipt of funds.

Sellers - be up front and clear on your shipping policy. Make standards for yourself and stick to them. If you have to leave your "business" unattended for a few days, find a friend to at least reply to order and pricing inquiries. less frustration on the consumer end in getting in contact with you will mean happier and hopefully repeat customers in the long run.

I know the product that I sent payment off for over 4 weeks ago will arrive. But every time I step on the brakes and hear the howling of metal on metal, I think of how I could have spent a little more several weeks ago at the Schucks down the street and KNOW that my brake problems would have been over.

That is my regret. Had I been aware of the time involved in receiving this product, I would have made a different purchasing decision. Shame on me. Shame on Stazi for not quickly fulfilling his obligation as well.

Let this be a lesson to all of us.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#984253 06/19/04 03:50 AM
R
R
(forgive me) Who's this Stazi guy??

Don't take this wrong...Nobody cares about your problems as much as you...this attitiude by this "Stazi guy" is the main problem with buisness today, it's just hard to find someone ro a business that cares as much about your problems as you do.

For instance...today I ordered 4 Koni struts from BAT, at about 4:30 EST, the dude on the phone says "if we only have a partial order in stock, do you want those sent to you, then send the rest when we get them back in stock?"

Short pause...uhh gee, can't you tell me WHAT you have in stock?...No sir, I can't do that from this computer, you'll have to call back Monday or Tuesday

what kind of BS is that?? So, again, No one cares as much about your problems as you. Someday soon when I have my own shop/bay I am going to remedy that problem...at least from my end.

Again, sorry that ole boy doens't care enough, I'd call him somehow and say wtf? Or email him and ask to give the product up NOW or you will email every Contour person you know and tell them bad things about his business...If someone/business does something good for you, you tell 3-4 people...if someone/business does something bad for you, you tell 15-20. Word of Mouth is very powerfull!!

Christian

Christian Allen 1998 Black SVT EO. Build #30 www.rainshdw.com
#984254 06/19/04 04:54 AM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
well on a better note, I do as many people on CEG order from him. have you tried getting his phone number? call his ass up.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
#984255 06/19/04 06:15 AM
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by auiotour:
well on a better note, I do as many people on CEG order from him. have you tried getting his phone number? call his ass up.

Yes, which is why i ordered from him. Allegedly he is out of town, he will see my post when he gets back...and get caught up on all the PMs I sent him.

I don't think he is a bad guy, and I REALLY know how f'ed up life can get, but we have to have some expectation of quality service.

I take responsibility too, I am not saying he deliberately screwed me around.

All I can say is that if i dont have what I need by Friday, my plans for making our run up Hwy 20 are toast. I could go out and buy pads at Schucks or NAPA, but I am not going to do that unless it is Thursday and I have still not heard from him or if he refunds that part of the purchase price.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
#984256 06/19/04 04:08 PM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
well whenever you get them, if i am not working, I will come and help install them, you got front&rear disc right? if you got drum, lol have fun.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
#984257 06/19/04 05:00 PM
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by auiotour:
well whenever you get them, if i am not working, I will come and help install them, you got front&rear disc right? if you got drum, lol have fun.

Front and rear disk, just like yours. Drums are easy anyway. Neatly useless, but easy.

#984258 06/19/04 05:03 PM
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by rainshdw1:
(forgive me) Who's this Stazi guy??

Don't take this wrong...Nobody cares about your problems as much as you...this attitiude by this "Stazi guy" is the main problem with buisness today, it's just hard to find someone ro a business that cares as much about your problems as you do.

True, but he does offer a popular package around here, and my only intent is to help others have a smoother go of it than I have.

Quote:

Again, sorry that ole boy doens't care enough, I'd call him somehow and say wtf? Or email him and ask to give the product up NOW or you will email every Contour person you know and tell them bad things about his business...If someone/business does something good for you, you tell 3-4 people...if someone/business does something bad for you, you tell 15-20. Word of Mouth is very powerfull!!

Christian

I think actions like that are counterproductive. I don't have it in for Stazi, I just want things to go smoother in the future. However, I will be honest with people that consider his product.

#984259 06/19/04 08:06 PM
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
I also posted in the brakes forums. I am having the same problem, but I've only sent one PM so far. I've been waiting for almost 1 month for my brakes. I hope this is all resolved very soon.

Black 99 CSVT #1820 of 2760 -Current Mods- DMD, KKM, Koni-Kit, HPP rear strut tower bar, metal water pump, tinted windows, Pioneer DEHP4600MP, 6x8 Pioneer 4ways
#984260 07/02/04 12:14 AM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Should have gotten brakes from TCE...

#984261 07/02/04 05:15 AM
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Well, 1500+ for TCE's Wilwood setup was not a option at the time. Just something a little better than stock and cheaper than I could get it around here.

Stazi has worked hard to get this all straightened out. It was a small mistake that was amplified by his being out of town and the rapid acceleration of the severity of my pad issue.

I still have the pads coming from him becuase they still are cheaper than anywhere local.

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard