Print Thread
#982668 06/17/04 12:53 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping you can help me out here. My 95 Contour was recently rearended, and since the Traction Control has been disabled (light comes on and stays on constantly).

I've searched around, but really found no troubleshooting guide to the Traction Control. Hopefully you can help me out.

I've tried pulling the codes on my OBDI, and all I got was emissions codes. Seems like the TC doesn't report codes to the OBDI.

Where do I start?

Also, I lost my 95 Ford Service CD, so if anyone has it and wouldn't mind looking this up for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in Advance,

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I should also mention that the ABS light is not on, only the Traction Control Light. Additionally, the TC Light comes on at Startup, and stays on. At no point does the light go out.

Any help/diagnostic steps would be appreciated.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
i hate to say the simple thing but is the unit still plugged in?

I know on my mystique the light would trip in the heat of the summer, I figure it has something to do with the wiring

heck even my fathers car has started throwing the TC after rain, last time it happened was when I washed the car

I woudn't think that TC has anything to do with the rear wheels, but I could be wrong

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by brapple:
I woudn't think that TC has anything to do with the rear wheels, but I could be wrong

Actually, I think they have speed sensors. The reason I think this is because with different size wheels (front to rear), the TC becomes disabled. I remember this from putting on 2 front snow tires.

Anyone have a CD to help me troubleshoot? Otherwise I'll have to go to the dealer with the problem.

- Zack

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by zgendron:
Originally posted by brapple:

Actually, I think they have speed sensors. The reason I think this is because with different size wheels (front to rear), the TC becomes disabled. I remember this from putting on 2 front snow tires.

Anyone have a CD to help me troubleshoot? Otherwise I'll have to go to the dealer with the problem.

- Zack

yes the rear does have speed sensors but that is for the abs, I am saying why would TC which controls the front wheels have anything to do with the rear wheels

different tire sizes could do it but then that should also trip the abs light

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard