Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
For a '95 Contour V6, the harness kit was $600 (it includes 4 harnesses)

The Zetec one should be cheaper, because it only includes 2 or 3 harnesses, and they are not as complex.

'96 and newer cars should be cheaper, because they use the newer style connectors found on current Ford vehicles, unlike the '95 which uses older style connectors that are likely more expensive due to being made in smaller quantities.

I base that on the fact that the injector harness, by itself, for a '95 V6 is about $400 while the injector harness for the '96 V6 is only about $200.

Yes, this means that the harness kit is a MUCH better deal than buying all the harnesses separately.

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
start to look on autotrader.com or in your local listings, then go to www.kbb.com and go through and bluebook the car you are looking at buying. My 1996 Contour GL with no options, except cassette, and power mirrors (pretty sure standard) costs 1750$ with a 5 speed manaual and 100K miles. But I had to dump abotu 1000$ worth of work into it, because it was on the verge of the 100K mile dye out thing. where everything that needs to be replaced at 100K miles, needed to be replaced. EG timing belt, Spark Plugs, Coil, wires, one of my Bearings is going bad (getting replaced wednesday), my fuel injector needs to be cleaned pretty soon as well (so says the mechanic).

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I see most Contiques at the boneyard because: Accident, and a few Electrical

Zetecs seem pulled quickly at the boneyard... everyone wants them powerful engines

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
You should be able to pick up a nice SE for half of what an SVT costs and your insurance will be less If I knew then what I know now, I would've gotten an SE/MTX/V6, no doubt about it because once you've done the suspesion and a couple mods, your pretty damn close to the perf of an SVT anyways

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard