Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
X
OP Offline
X
I'm pretty sure I'm going to wind up buying a Contour or a Mystique, but I'm not sure which year(s) I should really look into, and or even if I should just go ahead and look for a Contour SVT. I was thinking of just getting a loaded Contour or Mystique (manual trans) and taking it from there. I have some 18" rims that I kept when I sold my Cougar that will look lovely on a Mystique/Contour. Anyways, with average mileage, what do these cars usually sell for?

Thanks

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
My SVT is for sale for around $8k... check the classifieds

IIRC, stock contours/mystiques run anywhere from 2-6k, depending on condition/features.

Diesel owns you
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
Check out E-Bay. I just saw a "family owned" for $1500. I don't think they know what they have. Not on my side of the country or I would go for it.

X
OP Offline
X
Originally posted by Ford Love:
Check out E-Bay. I just saw a "family owned" for $1500. I don't think they know what they have. Not on my side of the country or I would go for it.

possible link?
this one has a blown headgasket

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
If I were looking for a non-SVT contour, I would probably go with a 97. I believe they still had most of little options that Ford did away with in the later models to save money(ie dash clock). You also would stay away from the problems associated with the later models such as dash warp and bad fuel pumps.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
B
No life but CEG
No life but CEG
B
I tried this, just click and type in ur prefrences.
Kelly Blue Book.

R.I.P: 95 Tour LX working on getting SVT Power! SELLING 3L LIM AND UIM W/ TB!!! PM ME....
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
If you buy a 95-97 I wouldnt buy it unless it has under 100,000, or has above 100,000 but has had the wiring harness recall done.
Lots of tours end up at the boneyard because the wiring harness fails above 100k, and it cost hundreds even thousands to replace it, more than the value of the car sometimes.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Just for the uniformity of parts - the early '95 has a few differences that don't appear on the rest of the years. For example -1)Speedo is cable driven , 2)OBO I -relates to engine managment, the rest OBO II. I love my early '95, nothing wrong with it, I just can't get speedo cables at the wreaking yard.
When my wife lets me drive her '97 , nice car.....

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
The harness is a piece of cake to replace on a Zetec. Know where I can get one that has a damaged harness cheap?

Duratec one looks like a real pain in the butt, but still do-able.

X
OP Offline
X
Originally posted by brianl703:
The harness is a piece of cake to replace on a Zetec. Know where I can get one that has a damaged harness cheap?

Duratec one looks like a real pain in the butt, but still do-able.

how much are we talking about spending if diy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard