Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Mine does it, and both ball joints are relatively new. I replaced the rotors a year or so ago, and the problem went away for a few months, and then came back.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
My car shakes to when braking still havent found the problem though.

Yes, and did you do what I suggested when you originally posted ?

Bless our servicemen & women overseas. L.Cpl Ian Malone, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, R.I.P.
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
mine does it and every thing on my car is new pads, rotors,balljoints,controlarms,busshings,springs,struts,every thing, aaaaagggggggggrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh

98 svt sil/blu 3.0 oval heads full P&P, msds headers,bat kit,2,1/2exhaust 30 inch glasspack and 2 spintech mufflers 14.78@94mph with my mechanical arm i can shift gears in less then a twentieth of a second for sale $7000
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by MarkO:
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
My car shakes to when braking still havent found the problem though.

Yes, and did you do what I suggested when you originally posted ?

Yes, didnt you say to lube the slide pins again, did that, got them torqued to 21 foot pounds. Also replaced drums last week, with NAPA ones.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by RyeLou:
I posted about it a while ago and people said brakes, so I replaced my front pads and rotors. I'm still getting the same thing though. It seemed like it wasn't as bad right after I got the new brakes on, but now it's just as bad as before. When slowing down, espicially at higher speeds (expressway), the front end shakes real bad. When you push the brake harder though nothing happens. Any ideas?

I have the same problem. It started doing it after I had my wheel bearing replaced on the driver's side. I am thinking it could be alignment or the tires??

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour #5482/6535
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
No. I suggested hand torquing (using a torque wrench though) the wheels. Also, I suggest not tightening to the 85ft/lbs ..... try 70.

Bless our servicemen & women overseas. L.Cpl Ian Malone, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, R.I.P.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
any body think about putting a camera under there to record what is happening down there during braking just like Nascar racing.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Ok guys, if you have tried all other solutions (suspension parts, etc.) and you are still getting warped rotors (actual cause of brake shake), then take it to the Ford dealer and have him turn the rotors on the car. They have a tool to do this and it helps to compensate for any misalignment between the rotor and the caliper. I had a problem with frequent warping rotors on my 95 Windstar, and this was the solution that fixed it permanantly. It's been a few years, but it cost me $100 for both front wheels.

95 Contour SE ATX V6- SOLD 2001.5 VW Passat GLX V6 Tiptronic 2004 Honda VTX 1800N1 There are no stupid questions. There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Ed98.5SVT:

I have the same problem. It started doing it after I had my wheel bearing replaced on the driver's side. I am thinking it could be alignment or the tires??

Mine is doing the same thing and also started doing it after BOTH my wheel bearings were replaced....wierd. I had an alignment but I know one of my wheels is wearing thin.

Alicia 96 Contour LX 2.5L V6 Duratec Stock of course! BAD ASS GIRLS DRIVE BAD ASS CARS!!! http://www.cardomain.com/id/sweet_ride01
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
My '95 was doing this and I replaced the rotors. While doing this I cleaned a lot of corrosion off the hub where the rotor butts up against it. On my car it was so bad I had to knock out the wheel studs and use an air sander on the hub. (yankee car, road salt damage).
Anyway, if you have ANY corrosion, rust, dirt etc. on the hub face between it and the rotor it can cause the rotor to "wobble" and cause a vibration while braking.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard