Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by scottd60:

Dif. from SVT to SE on TB opening

That pic says it all - how on earth could you evenly open that port? IT would be waaay off to the one side. And when you mount the throttle body on there, it would not match up at all!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Also forgot to mention Rick said that the TB opening gets most of the increase...substantial increase in opening But for the 3L and FI guys running 65mm TB's it will work well when port matching on a SVT UIM that is. Which by the way Rick also recommended port matching for the best results. Basically put the gasket in place and scribe around the opening then dremel away the excess material to the edge of your scribe line...port matched.

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
GREAT INFO!...Thanks!

So, the only remaining Q is will the SVT t.body work OK with an SE manifold ported to match it. Will it leak, will EGR function OK. Who has done this?

So a 20 CFU gain over SVT is really not bad IMO. The "original SVT UIM was apparently only then about a 13 CFU gain over stock...Given that the extrude Honed SVT heads can flow over 200 and the t.body as well, some gains should be had..

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Scott,

That is some EXCELLENT INFO! THANK YOU!

I would love to see the same comparison done to a 98 vs 99/00. Does anyone have the ability?

He did say there was some casting changes but did not know what or why for sure.

How can we find out the differences in the casting? Clearly there is something different looking at the price difference.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Dan Nixon:
So a 20 CFU gain over SVT is really not bad IMO. The "original SVT UIM was apparently only then about a 13 CFU gain over stock...Given that the extrude Honed SVT heads can flow over 200 and the t.body as well, some gains should be had..

I just might have to do a pre/post dyno on this. We'll see what I can work out.

Scott, thanks for the pics. Very interesting info, I must say. All that old knowledge has been thrown out the window.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by zgendron:
Scott,

I would love to see the same comparison done to a 98 vs 99/00. Does anyone have the ability?

He did say there was some casting changes but did not know what or why for sure.

How can we find out the differences in the casting? Clearly there is something different looking at the price difference.

Your welcome for the info...I hope it helps.

I shipped out 3 SVT UIM's (SVT ST Pete, EvlBill and mine) to Extrude Hone...1 '98 and 2 '00's. I had all 3 in my possession but did not take pic's of them side by side I did look them over very closely and didn't really notice any difference other than the casting on the '00 SVT UIM is much smoother and cleaner then the '98 SVT UIM. The ports visibly looked the same to me. If you look at SVT ST Pete's post a page or two back he did measure these exact two manifolds before he gave them to me to ship. So yes the comparison between '98 SVT UIM vs. '00 SVT UIM has been done and they appear to have the same port dimensions. I think it's safe to say that anyone sending in a '98 - '00 SVT UIM will have no problems whatsoever and should all get the SAME results within the Extrude Hone set tolerance.

On the SE vs. SVT UIM the biggest concern I would have is the TB opening on the SE possibly being too small for the SVT 60mm TB. If you look at the pic closely the SVT is 2.610" and the SE is 2.228"...

Difference is shown in this pic on the SE UIM:

...the difference BEFORE the NEW Extrude Hone process is 0.382" on the diameter. That is 0.191" bigger on the sides (radius) and the SE manifold does not have much more then that left along the EGR slot. I should have measured that as well but unfortunately I did not. It looks like if the opening is opened up to the stock SVT UIM TB diameter I am almost certain it will break through and into the EGR slot. If Extrude Hone opens that dimension beyond the SVT UIM TB diameter which if I understood Rick correctly they do there may be problems for SE manifolds? I don't think there is any problem with the Primary and Secondary ports...they seem to have plenty of room for growth.

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
FYI the SVT TB fits fine on the SE manifold. Many SE owners have done it. When I installed my SVT TB I just ground out/port matched the opening with a dremel.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by zgendron:
Scott,

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T

• My neighbor IS a Ford intake design engineer. I will direct him to this thread for review and comment.
  • Terry Hains was involved with the delvelopment of the car. Would he still have had input into powertrain modelyear changes as late as 1999 givien he'd been away from ford for some time by then? This in no way discredits his knowledge, simply inquires as to timing.
  • The Ford literature (available here on this site) does not claim double EH. It only claims additional.
  • Public literature from Ford usually has a disclaimer in very fine print; something along the lines of specifications subject to change without notice. This could support either side of the argument.
  • Hey punk, Mr. Motorcycle, no one is preventing you from leaving this site. Please do so.
  • Perhaps World Tour could inquire with Mr. Dempster for additional commentary.

My unsolicitied thoughts...

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Guys be sure to check out the Jet-Hot GB interest check SVT ST Pete and I are setting up...UIM's can be Jet-Hot coated for $77 plus shipping if the GB happens. With 12 or more we get a 30% discount off the regular cost of $110. I think Extrude Hone will send you UIM directly to Jet-Hot if you like according to Rick at Extrude Hone. This may save a few bucks off you shipping?

Cooler intake is a big PLUS and a nice polished look as well!

See GB for more details...

Scott

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard