#975576 06/11/04 05:27 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by zgendron:
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
Up until now, you're all talk.

Either provide some evidence or get lost.

I'm not really sure this proves anything, but he provided me the following PDF files to upload.

1998_UIM

1999 UIM

2000 UIM

Looking at the Y2K print, the P/N matches this:

Add 2.5L Eng, 05-03-1999 ... 1S8Z-9424-AA $804.10

so it is the "DH" manifold, I don't see any dimensions just material data, not sure if it means anything but they show a change in EH prrocess from "M602" in 99 to "M605" in 00, but also list M605 for 98 with the same pn as 99??? I bet Rara or Procyon could read the print!

When I was at Xerox - material or machinging changes to a part that did not affect form, fit or function would get a new rev number only. If somethnigg got a whole new P/N it meant it worked or fit differntly from the previous part - I assume most mfg works like that which would imply the Y2k manifold was a "significantly" different part.

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
#975577 06/11/04 09:25 AM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by zgendron:
I'm not really sure this proves anything, but he provided me the following PDF files to upload.

You will note the date on the 98 & 00 pdf picture is the same. (same exact thing)

It does show the FORD PART NUMBER changed between the 98 file and 99 file.

It does not show any specs at all beyond the composition of the UIM and powdercoating.

Exactly still no specs....wheres the proof jeff??????

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
#975578 06/11/04 09:48 AM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
You will note the date on the 98 & 00 pdf picture is the same. (same exact thing)

I had noticed that. I don't know how the rev control works over there, but I thought it was interesting that the 99 has a later date, but not the 00.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
#975579 06/11/04 11:34 AM
S
svtjeff Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Boy, oh- boy. I told you nay sayers I was working on the actual specs which define the M602 and M605. I will pdf the rev levels to show the prints are in fact different. Regardless look at the p/n's and CAD files - the are not the same. And as far as this not proving nothing, where is proof there are dual hone UIM - other just because we know it????

Again, using deducitve logic, the supposed 99+ are the Dual hone, however the 99 has M602 spec while 98 and 2000 has the M605 spec.

Lastly, if you experts are that hard up to nail me, give Rick Miller a call at EH, 800-613-1065. He will verify what I have said from the begining.

It is pretty sad to have this board in such a combative atmmosphere when people do not agree with said experts.....

#975580 06/11/04 12:29 PM
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Here are the Rev Pages.

The biggest thing I noticed here is that the 2000 UIM Approval Date is late July of 2000. I'm guessing that SVTs were not being built by then.

Maybe they decided to return to the 98 style for financial reasons after the last SVT came off the assembly line? I know they are required to make replacement parts for a period of xx years after the last one is built, so by reverting back to the old part number they wouldn't have to make the 99+ UIM? Maybe this explains the high price?

1998 Print Rev
1999 Print Rev
2000 Print Rev

Guys, lets keep this civil and see what information he has. He must have something as he is providing Ford documents.

Last edited by zgendron; 06/11/04 12:34 PM.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey Guys,

Just got this from Jeff as well. It was originally a LVP (Lucent Voice Player) format, and I converted it to a WAV. Its a voicemail from Rick Miller.

I don't know anything about EH, so I don't know who Rick is, but I thought I'd post it for you guys. Eitherway, its interesting. I'd like to hear what you guys think about it.

Rick Miller Voicemail

Last edited by zgendron; 06/11/04 03:25 PM.

S
svtjeff Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
WOW! Awful quite all of a sudden. I wonder why???? I guess the 50 post, crack smokingâ??, donâ??t know a thing guy was right after all. What a shame. The proof was in the pudding after all - go figure!! I really find it sad that all of the supposed experts have nothing to say now. I would have a small amount of respect for them if they had a least owned up to being a bit quick to judge, but they must have forgot how to type all of a sudden. Typical hypocrites. Another, in your face, illustration of how one sided this board really is.

I must say, though, I do appreciate the help of Zack. Zack was intelligent enough to listen without jumping the gun. His efforts were instrumental in getting the truth out. Thanks again Zack.

My time and principles are not worth the abuse this board propagates. There comes a point in time when people should start acting like adults and it is clearly evident this board is not capable of doing so. Actually, it reminds me of high school - everyone trying to be the big dog on the porch. It appears some of us are still in that stage of life.

Have fun slamming each other, that is what it is all about��right?????????

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Settle down Jeff you're making yourself look like an ass.
Oh and the way I do believe I remember reading somewhere in Ford literature that it was dual extrude honed....Maybe someone can chime in and find it. Oh and by the way anyone can record a voicemail message

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
#975584 06/12/04 03:29 AM
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by svtjeff:
I keep reading people refer to their UIM and single or dual hone. All SVT UIM manifolds were single hone, via the same spec, from the factory and flow in the low 170 cfm range. Where did the idea originate that some SVT have dual hone UIM's?

Sheesh yet another completely incorrect post from you... 'nuff said

Maybe if Demon didn't throw such a big first rock, Jeff wouldn't have to take such a defensive position?

Once the Demon love posts are ignored, at least there's some actual info in this thread thanks to Jeff.

.... I still hope my 99 supposed DH UIM brings more cash than a SH UIM when I sell it someday for a custom intake

#975585 06/12/04 04:18 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Did Rick ever dig up the specs on the 99-00 manifolds? I know it wasn't just jhere on CEG that we read about more extensive EH process - I beleive it is even stated in SVT literature?

I'm curious what feature was different enough on the manifold to warrant a new part number? I know my stock 97 SE manifold TB openeing was VERY different than the TB opening on my 99 "DH" manifold I bought from Bill Jenkins - the EGR ports were on the opposite side, and the overall opening was shaped differently. Not sure if all SVT mani's were like that or if maybe that redesign drove the new P/N

SVTJeff if you have the prints can you see when the TB opening changed?

Also strange that Chris Wong and I think one other (forget who?) dyno'd higher HP with the BAT DH mani's over a stock 98 manifold - although I suppose that could just be the diference of a dirty upper to a brand new clean one.

Also, I hate to be a conspiracy theorist - but any chance EH would mislead us on the specs of the later mani given that they want a LOT of people to send in there manifolds for rework with the current group buy?

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard