Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
From the other thread, I figured a new thread with some specific plans would be in order.

Sorry about the long title, but I would realy like to get a meet together for a run across Hwy 20 out (at least) to Winthrop and hopefully out to Grand Coulee and back again.

The plan, in broad strokes is to meet at 10AM at the WalMart in Burlington, take Hwy 20 east over and through the beautiful Cascades, down into Winthrop for lunch and then out to Grand Coulee by around 5ish. The trip back on Hwy 2 takes about 2.5 to 3 hours, IIRC. And can I mention that the EW roads are well paved and fairly interference (flashing blue lights) free? Not like any SPEEDING would be going on or anything.

It is a long all day haul, but a hell of a lot of fun. When I get home, I will find and upload my pics from May 2002 when I did it last.

By this weekend, my fuel pump will be fixed, my new brakes and rotors should be on and I am getting Falken ZE-502 rubber all around. So by the 26th, everything should be sorted out well enough to make this lots of fun.

WHO IS IN?

Last edited by Beowulf; 06/08/04 10:35 PM.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
O
Admin + 1/2
Admin + 1/2
O
Unfortunately, Lance and I won't be able to make it, as we are going up to Canada to introduce Alexa to Lance's parents. Also it would be a little hard for us to do such a long drive with an 8 week old who needs to eat often.

I have one suggestion though. Why not meet in Burlington, which is right off of Hwy 20, instead of having everyone drive way north past Hwy 20 to Bellingham. Just a thought. Sounds like a fun drive though.

-Christy

Christy Kinley 95 Contour SE MTX 01 Outback Limited Wagon with all the goodies
B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Thanks, Christy.

I checked a map and it was Burlington, not Bellingham. I have only been up there about 3 times in the last three years, so I get those darn towns confused.

I edited my original post.

It is too bad that you and Lance (and young'un) won't be able to make it, but Alexa meeting her grandparents is more important.

Last edited by Beowulf; 06/08/04 11:27 PM.

2000 Contour SE Sport Originator of the Beowulf Headlight Mod and the Beowulf CAI
B
B
I would be intrested in going, but I was just wondering how long it would take to drive from Vancouver to Burlington.

B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Which Vancouver?

From Vancouver, BC - 1 hour, 24 minutes.

From Vancouver, WA- 3 hours, 46 minutes.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
sure why not, like i have anything else to doo...

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Sounds like a winner. I'll try and make this one! If my brother's car is finished I'll likely continue on to Spokane from Grand Coulee though.

'98 SVT Contour, in at least 639 pieces 4 Speed MTX...synchro and shift fork replacement in progress
B
B
Sorry I should have been more specific, Vancouver, B.C.

B
Beowulf Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by BLKnTAN:
Sorry I should have been more specific, Vancouver, B.C.

Your drive to Burlington won't be much longer than mine.

G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
I don't think I have anything going that weekend yet. I should be able to make it. It definately sounds like fun!

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  kerrychin_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard