Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Half-assed searched, and kind of confused.

I'm goign to be going with a 3L hybrid with SVT heads so I can use my existing LIM/UIM etc. Its been recommended that I put in 19# injectors.

SVT came with orange and green 19# injectors, did it also come with a bottom feed type? If I have to use top-fed, that means using a different return-style fuel rail. Will I have to change my injector wiring harness to use the other (probably early SVT) fuel rail? The early SVT's had a return-style rail right?

If I install the 19# injectors, can I get away with installing a SVT MAF and will it run ok? Or should I stick with my 17# injectors and stock MAF until just before I get the chip burned (like, through the break-in period of 1000 miles)?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
you can use 17s for break-in, i would recommend to stay below 5K though, as they will lean out up top!

the svt injectors need a new fuel rail, they are cheap, i paid like $25 shipped or something for mine. keep in mind you gotta change the connectors for the injectors too!

i ran 19s with no tuning for a little bit, the car will throw a CEL for running rich!

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Russell-3L:
keep in mind you gotta change the connectors for the injectors too!

Thats if you use the green injectors though, you don't have to change connections for the orange 19# injectors right?

Originally posted by Russell-3L:
i ran 19s with no tuning for a little bit, the car will throw a CEL for running rich!

Did you run the 19's with your stock MAF or did you try to use a SVT MAF (which would be calibrated for the 19s) to compensate?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
stock maf, i was running rich

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Orange is return and green is returnless.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
So I'm wondering if I used a SVT MAF, which is calibrated for 19# injectors, if I would be just right. Might not even need a tuned chip?

Did they ever make the orange 19# injectors bottom feed though? If they did, I could use my existing fuel rail.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:
So I'm wondering if I used a SVT MAF, which is calibrated for 19# injectors, if I would be just right. Might not even need a tuned chip?

The injector size is controlled by the PCM and not the MAF or it's calibration.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
you will also need the lim, if you have the side feed vs. the top feed injectors, the lowers are different,

Derek Johnson 88 TurboTBird 32psi, t3/t4 bb 50trim, megasquirt, 3 bar map, 50lb inj, roller cam w adj. gear, header, 3" downpipe and full exhaust, gutted intake manifolds, spec stg 3 95SE 3L gone
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Ryan contact beyondloadedSE. He has an SVT lower with 19 lbers for sale. Brand new too.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
If you're not strapped for time, you can find take out 19# injectors on Ebay for around $80 a set of 8 (Mustang). The electrical connector will be the same as your stock connectors. Just make sure your wires are in good shape as the coating can become brittle over time.

Get a fuel rail from a '98-'99 and a LIM from a '98-'00 2.5L as they will mount up the same. You will have to get creative and extend the fuel rail to meet your car's chassis fuel lines though, just FYI. Make sure to use fuel injection rated hose and connectors, or there will be a big fuel filled ballon popping party under your hood.

No car came with 19# side feed injectors to match your pre'98 tour rail. The only other car that even has those style injectors that I know about are '93-'97 Ford Probes, and they were all 17#'s.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard