Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
So I've got the Boyne Mountain maintenance garage to do my 3L hybrid swap in, and a free room (or two if necessary) for the dudes that want to come up and help me get this thing swapped out. Free beer too, on the house.

Garage has engine hoists and air tools, and I hope to do this the last weekend in May 28th, possibly June 5th weekend if I dont have all my shizat together by the 28th.

Did I mention free beer and a manly love slave? Ok, forget about the manly love slave. So who wants in on this shindig?

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:
So I've got the Boyne Mountain maintenance garage to do my 3L hybrid swap in, and a free room (or two if necessary) for the dudes that want to come up and help me get this thing swapped out. Free beer too, on the house.

Garage has engine hoists and air tools, and I hope to do this the last weekend in May 28th, possibly June 5th weekend if I dont have all my shizat together by the 28th.

Did I mention free beer and a manly love slave? Ok, forget about the manly love slave. So who wants in on this shindig?

I'd be willing to help out, most likely cant help a lot but since I'm going to a technical school next year for auto repair this will be a good thing to do.
I cant do it the 28th getting rims that day. June 5th sounds good right now, depends on my work schedule.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
is the 3L engine already prepped/assembled? or are you planning on doing that then swapping it out? is the current engine still in the car?

Ben

95 SE ATX Electric red mucho mods 2005 Scion xB Black Sand Pearl tinted windows red leather steering wheel US Army Mechanic
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Current engine is still in the car. I'll have a 3L block and SVT heads/cams here before the swap, so I'll have those two bolted together and the block prepped before the swap. I'm hoping we can get it done in the weekend, its going to be a job!!

N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Hey Ryan, I don't know if I can help with the actual swap, but if you need any help with prep drop me a PM, I can see what kind of time I can get off to make a run up there.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
That'd be cool Shawn. I haven't ever used JB Weld, or whatever it is I'm supposed to use to fill these holes on the shortblock. I will hopefully have it by Friday.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by rkneeshaw:
Current engine is still in the car. I'll have a 3L block and SVT heads/cams here before the swap, so I'll have those two bolted together and the block prepped before the swap. I'm hoping we can get it done in the weekend, its going to be a job!!

So we need to do the timming chains, pull the old motor, the flywheel may need to be resurfaced.

Whatever you do, do not put the heads on the block w/o that motormount on! Also do we have a lift so we can drop it?
While it's off you'll want to gut your pre cats...

blah blah...DMD, Alt, accesories...it's easy to name [censored], but harder to do. I've never timmed the duratec, but if you follow the Haynes CAREFULLY we should be able to do it fine.

I am forgetting a lot. I've never done a full on engine swap. Maybe Dale could come, but I doubt it. I am more worried that I can't. I am set to go to CaRlisle, and I should get one night of working in next weekend. I'll keep you updated.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Yap, I have a new mount to put in there, so I'll get those heads bolted on prior to the swap. I also have new timing chains and sprockets for the crankshaft on order. I'm also going to pull as much as I can out of that engine bay before you guys get here too.

Alternator is new, and DMD are also coming off the 2.5. I've got new torque to yeild bolts coming for all that shiz too, and new bolts for the flywheel and clutch (we had to reuse them when we swapped them last fall).

What weekend are you going to Carlisle? I'm going to see if I can try to get it done this coming weekend (28th), but if al the parts aren't here in time we'll have to push back to the 5th.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Carlisle is the fifth. Did the flywheel bolts come with the Fidanza in addition to steel spacers/washers?
I am gonna see if stazi can gimme a hand with this, but he is busy so I wanna see if I can mate the two together myself.

my Fidanza should be here tomorrow. If not someone is gonna die!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Nope, my fidanza came with jack crap. Nada. We ended up re-using my bolts and shiz from my stock flywheel. Not the recommended way to go but I was in a pinch. This time, I'll do it right.

Pete, can you do the 28th if I get the parts here?

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard