B
NAVY PIER!!!!! oh! the ferris wheel!!

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by bk6358:
NAVY PIER!!!!! oh! the ferris wheel!!

& the beaches (dont step on the dead fish.... espcially the one's with 3 eyes & 2 a$$'s )

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by hetfield:
Originally posted by IL Sean:
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:

And of course dont forget to carry a Glock with you.

What??? a gat is what ya need!

Chicago is my favorite American city. The Sears tower is great, but go to th John Hancock building and go to the open air deck. While the Sears tower is higher, the one at Hancock is open with just a fence, no glass, it's really cool.

There are a million places to eat. The Chop house I think, Morton's is another good steak house. Also Ed Debevick's(sp?) is another good place.

Go take a look at Navy Pier, there is always something going on there and if not it's just really cool.

And if you have never been to Chicago take a boat tour. The tour runs the river and out to the lake sometimes, it is perhaps the best way to see the city.

As an outsider, I agree with most everything except for Ed Debevicks. I've never been to the Chicago one, but we used to have one here. I emphasize used to.

Oh My God!!! Eat at Ed's!!!!!!!!!!! & make sure to stop at the Cheese cake factory

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by hetfield:
As an outsider, I agree with most everything except for Ed Debevicks. I've never been to the Chicago one, but we used to have one here. I emphasize used to.

Yeah something about young high school/college students trying to INSULT ME that just doesn't work. I think they wanted to kick me out Now for strip clubs I don't of any in chicago.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by mbSVT:

Strip clubs? Look for the Crazy Horse.

Yep high class. Strippers drive NSX's there.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by todras:

ok here is the down low on strips clubs!

Two that I know of:

1. Admiral theatre Pulaski and Lawerence ave. North side!
2. Heavenly Bodies Elmhurst road and Higgins
So when are we having a strip club meet??

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by todras:

Yeah... crazy rich people show up there... VERY classy.

Diesel owns you
I
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I
I live right in the shadow of the sears tower. let me know where you're staying & I'll get you a list of local, non-tourist places. best thing to do is get weekend CTA (transit) pass, & you can move around real well. Also, grab a copy of the Chicago Reader as soon as you arrive. It's a free paper with clubs/restaurants, etc. Scarlett's is the closest strip club to downtown. Never been inside, but my former neighbor "danced" there, and she was .

There are some Italian deli's on Taylor street that will have Scala's or even better products. There's also one on Wells near Grand av. I recommend Burghoff's. It's a german restaurant that's been around for more than 100 years, and they brew their own beer, very good! For hotdogs, Gold Coast is okay, Weiner's Circle on Clark is good, SRO on Dearborn is very good. Demon Dogs is not very good, but a lot of people go there. The best Italian beef is not near downtown, but Al's is okay. There are some good bars near Wrigley Field. Ton's of clubs and restaurants in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area. Chicago pizza? If you want deep-dish, Pizzeria Uno or Pizzaria Due'. Geno's East is pretty good too.

There's some "trendy" shopping on Oak St. just west of Michigan av. Michigan av itself is a major shopping area with a mix of boutiques and vertical malls.

If you want good Italian food, Trattoria Caterina on Dearborn.

3 days just isn't enough time.

contours, deloreans & fiats, oh my!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by ibub:
I live right in the shadow of the sears tower. let me know where you're staying & I'll get you a list of local, non-tourist places. best thing to do is get weekend CTA (transit) pass, & you can move around real well. Also, grab a copy of the Chicago Reader as soon as you arrive. It's a free paper with clubs/restaurants, etc. Scarlett's is the closest strip club to downtown. Never been inside, but my former neighbor "danced" there, and she was .

There are some Italian deli's on Taylor street that will have Scala's or even better products. There's also one on Wells near Grand av. I recommend Burghoff's. It's a german restaurant that's been around for more than 100 years, and they brew their own beer, very good! For hotdogs, Gold Coast is okay, Weiner's Circle on Clark is good, SRO on Dearborn is very good. Demon Dogs is not very good, but a lot of people go there. The best Italian beef is not near downtown, but Al's is okay. There are some good bars near Wrigley Field. Ton's of clubs and restaurants in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area. Chicago pizza? If you want deep-dish, Pizzeria Uno or Pizzaria Due'. Geno's East is pretty good too.

There's some "trendy" shopping on Oak St. just west of Michigan av. Michigan av itself is a major shopping area with a mix of boutiques and vertical malls.

If you want good Italian food, Trattoria Caterina on Dearborn.

3 days just isn't enough time.

Finally, someone with some culture.

Recommendations to the Cheesecake Factory which is chain restaruant is not what I'm looking for.

Ibub you know exactly what I'm looking for. My buddy has a monthly bus-pass so I assume we will be doing that. I'm defintiely looking for some good times and I know 3-days isnt enough. Would have made it longer but the plane ticket is cheap out there so I plan on heading back out Late Sept. before the snow starts falling.

Any other things you suggest that I did not have on my must see list? I am defintiely hitting Nike-Town as I'm a shoe/Jordan fanatic!

Shopping looks to be in the neighborhood of Lincoln Park, Armitage St. (Am I in the boutiqe area if I head there?)

Last edited by Fmr12B; 05/12/04 06:21 PM.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
ooh yeah... geno's east!

Diesel owns you
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard