Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#953313 05/11/04 09:07 PM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Will be in Chicago on a 3-day vacation visiting one of my co-workers this weekend and has has only lived in the city (Downtown) for a year.

I'm all about local places that locals go to and not being a tourist.

Things I want to do:

Strip-clubs - Full nude Not looking for the velvet lounge, looking for the place where the girls work for there money!

Chicago Hot-Dog?

Chicago Beef Sandwich?

Chicago pizza?

Local Downtown restaruants that are a must eat, but you wouldnt recommend the place to your CEO for fear he would find it low class?

Boutique Shopping - Trendy places that are too boutique for a mall.

Sears Tower Observation Deck - Is it open?

Any other suggestions on must see/do things in downtown.

Oh yeah, I need to find a store that sells Scala's Giardinia Hot Mix.

Thanks for the help!

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Hot Dog, probably Jimmys on Grand and Pulaski if you're going to be downtown

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Fmr12B:

Sears Tower Observation Deck - Is it open?

I have been to Chicago three times in my life. Once was to go to the observation deck of the Sears Tower. It is so awesome, I think it is floor like 107 or something, you can see Lake Michigan, and the cars down below look very small.

Yes, it is open, my advice get there early the line gets very big very fast, we got there 15 minutes after it opened, we got down about 45 minutes later, there was about 500 people waiting for tickets.

Secondly go to the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, you will learn a lot, plus it is neat, the Foculat ( spelled wrong I know) Pendulm, never stops going back and forth because it is set in some proportion to the Earth, really neat to see I think.

Oh and have fun driving, 90% of the people drive like [censored] there, so drive like one to and you will fit right in , they wont even know your from out of town.

And of course dont forget to carry a Glock with you.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:

What??? a gat is what ya need!

Chicago is my favorite American city. The Sears tower is great, but go to th John Hancock building and go to the open air deck. While the Sears tower is higher, the one at Hancock is open with just a fence, no glass, it's really cool.

There are a million places to eat. The Chop house I think, Morton's is another good steak house. Also Ed Debevick's(sp?) is another good place.

Go take a look at Navy Pier, there is always something going on there and if not it's just really cool.

And if you have never been to Chicago take a boat tour. The tour runs the river and out to the lake sometimes, it is perhaps the best way to see the city.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
B
No life but CEG
No life but CEG
B
Portillos.

R.I.P: 95 Tour LX working on getting SVT Power! SELLING 3L LIM AND UIM W/ TB!!! PM ME....
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by IL Sean:
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:

What??? a gat is what ya need!

Chicago is my favorite American city. The Sears tower is great, but go to th John Hancock building and go to the open air deck. While the Sears tower is higher, the one at Hancock is open with just a fence, no glass, it's really cool.

There are a million places to eat. The Chop house I think, Morton's is another good steak house. Also Ed Debevick's(sp?) is another good place.

Go take a look at Navy Pier, there is always something going on there and if not it's just really cool.

And if you have never been to Chicago take a boat tour. The tour runs the river and out to the lake sometimes, it is perhaps the best way to see the city.

As an outsider, I agree with most everything except for Ed Debevicks. I've never been to the Chicago one, but we used to have one here. I emphasize used to.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by BaBySHO:
Portillos.

Mmmm

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by ContourKev:
Originally posted by BaBySHO:
Portillos.

Mmmm

Want of fill me in on this place?

Carry a gun
I live in the 11th largest city in the US, and frequent San Francisco 40 miles away. I'm not too concerned.

Mortons, I think we have one in San Fran along with the infamous Ruth Chris. $50 steaks is not what I'm looking to eat.

My buddy suggested John Hancock instead of Sears tower.

Any of you guys live in the city or just suburbia?

And hey, lets get crackin on the strip clubs fellas. I need names and reviews.

Driving, I live in Cali I'm not real concerned with traffic and driving as I plan on being on foot most of the time and drunk off my ass.

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Mortons is damn good, as is ruths chris... we have them both in indy.

For pizza, you need Giordanos, hands down... the best deep dish pies in the world.

And I second your friend's suggestion... whilst John Hancock is not as tall as the Sears tower, the view is far better IMO... the lines are always shorter and i think its even cheaper... go there instead.

Strip clubs? Look for the Crazy Horse... couldn't tell you exactly where it is (i was WASTED), but my buddies brother is the bouncer there.

Diesel owns you
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Bk4293:
Hot Dog, probably Jimmys on Grand and Pulaski if you're going to be downtown

Be sure to ask for ketchup

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard