Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#953196 05/11/04 07:28 PM
T
Highly Medicated Member
OP Offline
Highly Medicated Member
T
For those of you who complained about any number of things, including costs, in e-mails. PMâ??s, or in open threads, Iâ??m truly sorry Spring Zing 2004 did not fit with your ideals, financial situation or expectations. I felt I gave plenty of notice to prepare for costs associated with this yearâ??s event. I encourage you to organize a Spring Zing or other event on your own. Perhaps youâ??ll have more success in satisfying everyoneâ??s wants and needs than I have. To suggest that money is a determining factor in how you will get along with people youâ??ve only met â??on-lineâ?? is not only immature, it is ludicrous. The Show & Shine, Banquet and Kart racing all take place at the same venue. The cost is all rolled in together. As the Contour/Mystique is known (perhaps only by a few(CEGerâ??s )) as a drivers car, I thought having the banquet at Kart 2 Kart would be a great idea as it would allow for attendees to do some actual competitive driving. Unfortunately, a road course or AutoX were not an option this year due in part to timing of college studentâ??s finals and availability of local racing venues. You canâ??t please all of the people all of the time.

Past Spring Zings were well received and well attended. More importantly, they were well organized. Costs, events, timing, locations all have to mesh perfectly. Then you have to have a group of people to support it. Costs this year, are not significantly higher than years past, theyâ??re just lumped together. I knew going into this that it would be impossible to please everybody with the package I had envisioned for Spring Zing 2004. What I didnâ??t expect was whining from those who couldnâ??t or wouldnâ??t make it work for themselves. I do know that the many who do attend will have a great time!

Look at the history of polls and SZ threads, I asked for opinions; more than 5 months ago. Only now does it seem people want to speak up about how the event is organized. The early planning stages were the time to speak up. And if you did speak up and it didnâ??t go your way, then you lost out to the majority.

No one has said you canâ??t come and hang out at the hotel. Or on the Cruise. Or even walk the Show and Shine. Kart 2 Kart is a public facility; you can come in a watch the racing. What you canâ??t do, if you didnâ??t register or pay, is participate in the Show & Shine. There are prizes for specific categories. Those prizes were donated or they were purchased, i.e. cost money. What you canâ??t do, if you didnâ??t register or pay, is attend the banquet. The caterer wasnâ??t free. What you canâ??t do, if you didnâ??t register or pay, is participate in the Mini Kart Gran Prix. Again, that activity costs money.

I too shall miss Spring Zing this year. Iâ??m having surgery on 5/14 to repair a ruptured disc. Iâ??m out the $80 for the banquet, the $20 Dyno deposit and a ton of time to organize this yearâ??s event. My only complaint is that Iâ??ll miss out on seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones.

One final note. If you have complaints about this years event, please direct them to me:

Mark Whalen
Trapps
redline@comcast.net

The people who have assisted and will see it through, DESERVE NOTHING BUT THANKS AND PRAISE for lending a hand early on and in the 11th hour as I deal with my personal situation.

Best regards to all,

Mark

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
#953197 05/11/04 07:33 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
It's the CEG. Showing their typical cheap colors. Bet if this was a Vortex event we wouldn't have heard a peep. I guess our car are moving into a much younger and less mature segment i.e. don't comprehend everything in life costs $. Those are the only ones I see complaining.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#953198 05/11/04 09:46 PM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Well said Mark.

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~ Black 2006 VW Rabbit Silver 2000 Contour SVT - SOLD ~~~~The Car~~~~~
#953199 05/12/04 01:16 AM
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
i think you guys did an excellent job on setting this up. i agree with your thinking. why should people get off for free. thats bs. im pretty disappointed i hafta miss what very well could be the final sz. who's really goin to wanna f with it after seeing how this year went? i may be able to pop in to say hi to some of you guys but thats it. i dont plan on doing or taking away from any of the planned events. i know it was your guys money that has taken care of this and no way in hell should someone expect any more. i feel the event is more than fair priced and i agree with the younger crowd comment, even though im part of it. i jsut dont want any hard feelings form some of you guys since im not payin. just a time to catch up with a lot of you and see some sweet rides. so if i make it, i look forward to seeing you guys.

new addition: '01 GSX-R600 New slow ride - '03 Alero GS SOLD - 95 blue SE
#953200 05/12/04 01:31 AM
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by todras:
It's the CEG. Showing their typical cheap colors. Bet if this was a Vortex event we wouldn't have heard a peep. I guess our car are moving into a much younger and less mature segment i.e. don't comprehend everything in life costs $. Those are the only ones I see complaining.

im 22 bills up to my ears... but you know if i woulda heard a thing about this site, this gathering, i woulda been the first to pay... i dont got the money but thats what savings for, i dont got the time of work thats whats a early request for time off is for.... i hope you all have a blast, next year i will be there... i dont care if i have to drive 2k miles this sounds like somthing worth seing

cardomain 98 Contour SE zetec I-4
#953201 05/12/04 02:17 AM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SVTMike:
Well said Mark.

I agree!!

Thanks for your hard work!

"99 T-Red SVT, 99 Tropic Green SVT"
#953202 05/12/04 10:52 AM
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I'd like to thank Mark here for setting this up for us, Mark (WorldTour) and I will do our best to make this a great event, especially for those who are coming from hundreds of miles away, lets not forget we've got a number of them and because of that, we owe it to them to show them a good time here I checked that post and saw the mileage people are driving to this event, unbelievable and NOT A ONE is complaining about the higher gas prices we have now, thanks guys, its very refreshing not hearing about money woes

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
#953203 05/12/04 11:07 AM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
aww man!
i forgot all about the higher gas prices..
forget it, i am staying home!

hehe

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
#953204 05/12/04 12:07 PM
J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
Trapps...check your email.....

People suck. Rev it till it MELTS.....
#953205 05/12/04 12:42 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Truly sad - and it makes it seem like this will be the last ever SZ'04 because of the lack of enthusiasm I am seeing.

$80 in today's times is nothing. Seriously! I don't want to hear excuses. Lets look back 2 months ago - now if you can HONESTLY look me in the eye and say you couldn't afford to stash $10 A WEEK, then I call shenigans on you. Because that's total BS. That's frikken less than two meals at McDonalds! Unless your 12 and get $2 a day for washing dishes for you momma, then I would think that $10 a week would be attainable. But we all know that we have been planning on SZ04 for longer than 2 months, so if we go back 4, yes 4 months, then you would have to save $5 a week. OMG, that's unheard of!

Like Todd said - WHATEVER!

To the die-hards, I applaud you guys for coming out, and to Ben, dude, just come out and you can chill as Casa Stazi - ride your BMX if you have too the 100 mile trek will be great for your stamina training.

I'm not going to say - don't show up to SZ if you're a tight ass, but don't expect to be mooching either!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard