Next Thread
Print Thread
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Though i'm almost afraid to ask!

Knowing I want to use the car for HPDE, I'm considering an accusump.

Thanks,
Randy

W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
ESP, although I've petitioned the SCCA SEB to change the Contour to DSP. However, I don't think that anybody would think twice if you threw "DSP" on the side of your car.

Welcome to the wonderful world of prepped Mustangs and F-bodies.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Maybe you can slide by w/ the new baffled oil pans they're selling over at CTA motorsports. I like the Accusump tho, I'd want one too.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I love how a non-performance mod whose purpose is to keep from grenading an engine bumps you into a faster class. Thanks SCCA!

And WTF happened to their searchable car classification table on the website? Is the CSVT still excluded from ITS?

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
I love how a non-performance mod whose purpose is to keep from grenading an engine bumps you into a faster class. Thanks SCCA!

Bullpuckey that it's not a performance mod. Being able to run at higher rpms than other drivers in the same car on long right-hand sweepers *isn't* a competitive advantage???

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
I've been considering firing off a letter about this. But I've been waffling on whether or not it would be construed as a performance advantage. Theoretically, other cars not suffering similar oiling problems *can* run at higher rpms (safely) than we can.

Or is this problem more common to other cars than I realize?

Prepped F-bodies, huh? I had my fill of them in what little autocrossing I did back in '88-89 when I had my 1987 LX 5.0. Made for long days....

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by weargle:
Bullpuckey that it's not a performance mod. Being able to run at higher rpms than other drivers in the same car on long right-hand sweepers *isn't* a competitive advantage???

LOL!

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:

And WTF happened to their searchable car classification table on the website? Is the CSVT still excluded from ITS?

I don't think the SCCA ever had a searchable or otherwise easier-to-use reference on line or otherwise. But unofficial cheat sheets are available through the links at the bottom of this page: http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/carclassing.html

Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6 â??98 GTP, light mods, 14.66/94 Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.56/101 Crown Autocross Club 1999 Street Tire Champion, 2000/2001/2002 Street Modified Champion KCR SCCA 2002 Solo II Street Modified Champion
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
They definitely had a link on their old site. It was on the page with the different racing classes where the bit pertaining to IT said, "Improved Touring--A Great Place to Start"

Moderated by  Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard