Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#94942 05/01/01 06:01 PM
D
Dweezel Offline OP
OP Offline
D
There was some info kicked up in the Zetec forum about the custom turbo from CTA. Anyone on here know much about that? Also, I have an ATX (I know). If I beef up the tranny and put a shift kit (someone mentioned something about that) would I be losing a lot of power? Lastly, anyone have a guestimate what a turbo at 6psi would boost my measley Zetec ATX up to? I want some more performance since I will most likely have this car for another 4 years at least. Also, the extended warranty is up in Nov so thats when this would probably all happen

------------------
David Litsky
96 Contour GL
Clarion, Infinity, ESX, Alumapro
"It is stupid to argue with idiots because you stoop down to their level and they beat you to death with experience"
DaveL@drexel.edu

David Litsky
AIM: DaveL225
My Car
#94943 05/02/01 12:25 AM
M
M
6psi? bah, go 8psi, my car is a Zetec, with about 140hp, it runs 17.5's , if i put on that turbo @ 8psi i'd hit 15's or lower... but get a Garrett T28 or T3/T4 , smaller turbo, spins up faster... my friend drives a 97 4door VW VR6 , ran 15.7's stock, now he runs 13.8's with a 8psi turbo...then again his car is like 300lbs lighter then the contour..

1999 Mustang Cobra
Red
------------------
PCM Reprogrammed
STEEDA Billet Steel Flywheel
STEEDA Tri-Ax Shifter
STEEDA Ultra-Lite Rims
STEEDA 30LB Injectors
STEEDA Sport Competition Springs
JBA Shorty Headers
And the beast...

Paxton Novi 1000 Supercharger (only $2500 Holy Sh!t)
-------------------------------

No dyno yet, but definately more then 320 hp. smile
#94944 06/27/01 07:58 PM
S
S
Hi guys,

I was just reading your comments about a Zetec Turbo Charger. I'm new to this and I simply want to understand how it works.

How does it work?
How can it give you so much more power (50 to 100hp)?
Is it harder on gaz even if you don't beat it up?

I don't know if I'll be doing this MOD but I just know I'm interested in knowing how it works. Looked to get information on how it works but didn't find any.

If you can refer me to a link I thank you in advance.

SoupMan

Contour 1998 GL Sport, Zetec 2.0L
Nice cover lights, Painted calipers/Drums, Painted wipers arms, 24mm AAM Rear Swaybar ... Eh, nothing fancy yet!!

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard