Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
what is the difference between the #74 wedge bulbs and the WLED wedge bulbs? other than price...

you state that both types can be used in the same spots.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by BrianW:
Stupid noob LED questions.
What voltage do these LEDs run at? Do all bare LEDs run at the same voltage? What resistor do I need? and is there a formula to use to find out what resistor to use? Are resistors needed in the window/lock switches?

Flame suit on. LOL

yeah do you get resistors with these or are we on our own for those? also, how much soldering is involved?

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I'm going to add to this mayhem and slew of questions by asking what I need to do to change the color of my gauge needles as well. I'd like to do blueish indiglo gauges with white needles if possible. And I second the question on the resistors, I thought most of these LED's required resistors to adapt to the automotive electrical supply. Also, do the window switches require one LED per switch, or two per switch, i.e. one for up and one for down?

Last edited by PlatoSVT; 05/04/04 11:13 PM.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I know auio sold resistors at a very good price before, he will probably do the same now, and he'll probably go ahead and give you the proper resistance. And no the switches don't require 2 leds, they only have one stock, auio just did because he's a clever mofo .

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by amarv12:
And no the switches don't require 2 leds, they only have one stock, auio just did because he's a clever mofo .

I'm assuming that since the windows switches and locks are already LEDs that they do not require resistors?

I hate resistors they get so damn confusing

Brian W.
--------------------
Black 1998 SE 5 speed - TOTALLED
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
They're still LEDs so yes they still require resistors (in the stock switches the stock resistors are there), although i believe auio recommended higer resistances for some of his LEDs.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
damn auio and his clever wiring of two tone window switches..... Yep, I think I can go ahead and do a buy once I know exactly what all I need to purchase (resistors) so that once everything gets here, I can just start the install right away. BTW, do the needles need different lighting other than the gauges? I didn't see anything posted on them.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by BrianW:
Stupid noob LED questions.
What voltage do these LEDs run at? Do all bare LEDs run at the same voltage? What resistor do I need? and is there a formula to use to find out what resistor to use? Are resistors needed in the window/lock switches?

Flame suit on. LOL

voltage is 3.6v, all bare leds (3mm & 5mm run at 3.6v). Resistors, 510 for a little brighter glow, or 560 for a little less. Yes resistors are needed for windows and locks.

3mm and 5mm leds are used for the following locations
door handles, window switch, lock switches, dimmer, defrost, clock, traction control, and fog light indicator (pre98 only.

What? The LEDs pictured there are the ones i got from you, i meant the chrome holders are from radioshack.

Here.

Sorry, must of read it wrong.

Originally posted by ElKy:
what is the difference between the #74 wedge bulbs and the WLED wedge bulbs? other than price...

you state that both types can be used in the same spots.

The #74 is much brighter, and well, has a way better appearence overall. They have a little more of a set in correctly in order to make work, not good for foot wells, but perfect brightness for all other locations except atx shifter.

Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
I'm going to add to this mayhem and slew of questions by asking what I need to do to change the color of my gauge needles as well. I'd like to do blueish indiglo gauges with white needles if possible. And I second the question on the resistors, I thought most of these LED's required resistors to adapt to the automotive electrical supply. Also, do the window switches require one LED per switch, or two per switch, i.e. one for up and one for down?

The gauges will have to be changed, or added indiglos (sp?) and then white #74 LEDs. Only the ones in the aboce locations that require 3mm or 5mm LEDs need soddering and resistors. Window switches require 1 per switch, except the master switch, which has 6 total LEDs.

I know auio sold resistors at a very good price before, he will probably do the same now, and he'll probably go ahead and give you the proper resistance. And no the switches don't require 2 leds, they only have one stock, auio just did because he's a clever mofo .

lol. yea the installation was pretty hard, thanks for anwsering the questions for me.

Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
damn auio and his clever wiring of two tone window switches..... Yep, I think I can go ahead and do a buy once I know exactly what all I need to purchase (resistors) so that once everything gets here, I can just start the install right away. BTW, do the needles need different lighting other than the gauges? I didn't see anything posted on them.

The needles light up the same color as the #74 bulb that is back there.

I hope this anwsers everyones questions. I will not be on posting tomorrow or replying to anyone. I will post more thursday.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
alright, i just realized I never put a price for shipping. I don't have access to my web site from where I am, but we will start like this. All 3mm and 5mm LEDs prizes are included. all exterior lights (reverse, brake, corner light) are $0.40 each. The Load resistor kits are $0.25 each. All other bulbs are $0.45 per 5 bulbs. Hope that helps. resistors are $0.05 each.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Allright, hate to be a nuisance (which I know I am) but what resistors do we need for the LED's? and where can I find them from you? I am doing:

- All window switches
- Gauges
- Clock
- Dimmer
- Defrost
- Headlight switch
- HVAC
- Footwell lighting
- Door handle lighting

I know what size LED's for all of these, but not what size resistor to accompany them. Thanks

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard