Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Alright everyone, this has been a lot of work for me to get all this together so, the discount prices are not as big as if you would order 100 leds yourself from superbright, but, everyone should be please that they will save money ordering through here. Besides, then I am also obligated to help you with instructions to install the LEDs.

The tutorial I have can be found here. I am about to stick the following tutorials up; doors, window switches, moon/sun roof switch, fog light switch, traction control switch, defrost switch, clock (post97), dimmer. I did them all mainly yesterday, Here are main pictures from my installs and others.

Thanks amarv12:

Here is some pictures from my first install in my 95 contour se:

and finally some pictures from the impossible install I did on my 99 contour se sport:

prices for 3mm and 5mm LEDs can be found here http://coverstoryrock.com/auiotour/leds.html, all the other bulbs can be found here http://coverstoryrock.com/auiotour/leds/prices/index.html Shipping will be $10.00 on all orders from $20.00 and up, orders below that will only be $5.00s. paypal address is auiotour@comcast.net. The discounts difference will be send to each person at the close of the auction. They will be mailed with the LEDs. If anyone has any questions please feel to ask about anything.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Ok, so I guess my question is simply how many of which LED's do we need for particular parts. Maybe I am missing something, I thought this was going to be an entire interior color changing kit. I want to do all the window switches, all white interior, the gauges(including the pointers) if possible, the hvac's, dimmer switch, headlight switch, the doorhandle lights, the lower lights, maybe those in blue, the clock and the overhead lights. I think that's most of them. Pretty much an all white LED interior, but with a bit of blue in there as well. Should I just read up on ur install pages? I think u meant to have a link in there, but it didn't come up. Thanks for doing all of this auiotour, I can't wait to buy and install these beasts!

EDIT: Is white too bright to do all of them? It looks like ur white LED's are a lot brighter than ur blue, and i didnt notice that before. Maybe I will go mostly blue with a few white's here and there instead.

Last edited by PlatoSVT; 05/03/04 10:48 PM.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
The First picture is of the back seat? What bulbs/LEDs were used there?

The 4211 Bulb (overhead light) is it fairly directional or will it cast a good amount of like everywhere?

Thanks!

Brian W.
--------------------
Black 1998 SE 5 speed - TOTALLED
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by BrianW:
The 4211 Bulb (overhead light) is it fairly directional or will it cast a good amount of like everywhere?

The 4211 festoon bulb is very much directional. All of the LEDs are on one side of a PCB board. When I installed mine I made sure the LEDs where facing down.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by hetfield:
When I installed mine I made sure the LEDs where facing down.

Good to know. Tnx.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A

Thanks!

They're just 2 regular blue LEDs held inside some nice chrome holders (from radio shack like $1.20 for 2 i think). Actually i would suggest using 3 to light it up more, the LEDs are obviously focused, but at the distance of the seats, a circle about 1 foot in diam. is lit up solidly, then peripheral light shines elsewhere. I got the idea from user: stolon05 a long time ago.

EDIT: Here's stolon's original thread, very clever.

Last edited by amarv12; 05/04/04 06:26 AM.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I am so in. put I dont know what to get. I want to do it all the doors the hvacs dash light switchs EVERY thing. but I dont know what to get, auiotour can you post or pm me what I will need. Also could I pick mine up from you seeing as I only live 30 mins from you?

"I guess of all my uncles, I liked Uncle Cave Man the best. We called him Uncle Cave Man because he lived in a cave and because sometimes he'd eat one of us. Later on we found out he was a bear" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/586498/1
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A

Thanks!

thanks for getting back to him for me. They are direction like stated above, just point them down. (they are extremely bright.)

Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
Ok, so I guess my question is simply how many of which LED's do we need for particular parts. Maybe I am missing something, I thought this was going to be an entire interior color changing kit. I want to do all the window switches, all white interior, the gauges(including the pointers) if possible, the hvac's, dimmer switch, headlight switch, the doorhandle lights, the lower lights, maybe those in blue, the clock and the overhead lights. I think that's most of them. Pretty much an all white LED interior, but with a bit of blue in there as well. Should I just read up on ur install pages? I think u meant to have a link in there, but it didn't come up. Thanks for doing all of this auiotour, I can't wait to buy and install these beasts!

EDIT: Is white too bright to do all of them? It looks like ur white LED's are a lot brighter than ur blue, and i didnt notice that before. Maybe I will go mostly blue with a few white's here and there instead.

sorry about that, here is a list of parts numbers, and how many are required.

http://coverstoryrock.com/auiotour/leds/lights.html

There is a few items that won't be up for sale as I have not found anyone with quality prices with quality parts.

Originally posted by amarv12:

Thanks!

They're just 2 regular blue LEDs held inside some nice chrome holders (from radio shack like $1.20 for 2 i think). Actually i would suggest using 3 to light it up more, the LEDs are obviously focused, but at the distance of the seats, a circle about 1 foot in diam. is lit up solidly, then peripheral light shines elsewhere. I got the idea from user: stolon05 a long time ago.

the ones from radio shack aren't as bright and has less LEDs then the ones I have selected for the Group Buy.

Originally posted by tjbugs1:
I am so in. put I dont know what to get. I want to do it all the doors the hvacs dash light switchs EVERY thing. but I dont know what to get, auiotour can you post or pm me what I will need. Also could I pick mine up from you seeing as I only live 30 mins from you?

There is a lot needed, I posted a list in this same post. If you don't see the part numbered offered in the page with the prices, then I am not currently selling it. As for living 30 minutes away, we should meet up sometime, seeing them in person makes all the difference. I will make a simplified list of what is needed per car once I get back today, gotta go back to court against a guy who hit my car and ran... back to LEDs, I will post it later today/tonight.

As for payment, make sure you include every item you want by the Item Name, and color, along with its price.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Stupid noob LED questions.
What voltage do these LEDs run at? Do all bare LEDs run at the same voltage? What resistor do I need? and is there a formula to use to find out what resistor to use? Are resistors needed in the window/lock switches?

Flame suit on. LOL

Brian W.
--------------------
Black 1998 SE 5 speed - TOTALLED
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by auiotour:

Originally posted by amarv12:

Thanks!

the ones from radio shack aren't as bright and has less LEDs then the ones I have selected for the Group Buy.

What? The LEDs pictured there are the ones i got from you, i meant the chrome holders are from radioshack.

Here.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard