Print Thread
C
CurtisA Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C

crank pulley is set with #1 and #4 cylinders piston
up and pulley mark lined with block boss.

I have the cam tool - need advice on how to use it
correctly

Curt

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Not exactly sure about the tool. But I did find a site that explains how to change the belt on a 3.0 V6 Mopar ( clicky ). Do you have a picture of the cam adjustment tool, if so I may be able to get a better idea of what you are using. Last time I changed one was on my Probe (2.2L), it may be similar or completely different. Mine wasn't dohc either.
Sean

'99 Silver SVT Contour (2000 miles since June, now needs new front brakes and bearings) '98 CBR900RR Again (Put away for the winter)
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
The camshafts have slots at the end of the camshaft. To use the tool you have to remove the valve cover. The tool fits in the slots at the end of the camshafts and holds the camshafts in place. The crankshaft makes two complete turns for every one turn of the camshaft. If the tool does not fit you might need to turn the crankshaft one complete revolution. There are two Top Dead Centers (one is the exhaust stroke and one is the compression stroke).

I think the Crankshaft is supposed to be aligned at TDC of the compression stroke. When I changed my timing belt I used a thin piece of metal for a camshaft holding tool because I had the crankshaft aligned at TDC of the exhaust stroke.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard