Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by JVT:
British Banger...

Yeah, both places sell the Quaife for $700.

John

Hey Guys,

Is this Quaife the very same Quaife sold here in the U.S. for $1200 or a different brand/manufacturer and if so, just as good?

------------------
Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin
99 SVT Contour - Silver - #49/2760 - ES Front Motor Mount Inserts, Bosche +4's w/Magnecore 8.5mm Competition wires, RActive Racing Pedals, KKM/Pro-M 75mm MAF in the garage...

Regards,

Craig J. Baldwin

99 SVT Contour - Silver - #49/2760

"To make a living is to get, to make a life is to give." - Winston Churchill
OP Offline
The quaife in the us is dist. by Autotech Sport Tuning. I got one there when I worked there. I can tell you that $700 is very very cheap. You figure that after you shipped a diff here it would still be in the $900 range. If you do bring one in yourself good luck. The exclusive agreement that Quaife and Autotech have says that no one in or from the us can buy a diff. unless it comes through autotech first. Wether quaife cares or not when you are on vacation I don't know. From what I hear autotech has already spent 200K in legal fees chasing people around who are trying to back door the stuff. I can't wait to get my 3.0L in though. I have a new stereo, and slotted rotors waiting to go on. I am trying to get ferodo fast road pads, but I am trying to see if they are available right now. 1 week and 6 days.......

------------------
98 SVT E0, Black
97 GTI VR6, Green
88 Mazda 323 GT Turbo, Faded

98 SVT E0, Black
Blown motor, help on the way......
97 GTI VR6, Green
OP Offline
The quaife in the us is dist. by Autotech Sport Tuning. I got one there when I worked there. I can tell you that $700 is very very cheap. You figure that after you shipped a diff here it would still be in the $900 range. If you do bring one in yourself good luck. The exclusive agreement that Quaife and Autotech have says that no one in or from the us can buy a diff. unless it comes through autotech first. Wether quaife cares or not when you are on vacation I don't know. From what I hear autotech has already spent 200K in legal fees chasing people around who are trying to back door the stuff. I can't wait to get my 3.0L in though. I have a new stereo, and slotted rotors waiting to go on. I am trying to get ferodo fast road pads, but I am trying to see if they are available right now. 1 week and 6 days.......

------------------
98 SVT E0, Black
97 GTI VR6, Green

98 SVT E0, Black
97 GTI VR6, Green
B
B
F*ck americas legal bullsh*it. What could possibly go wrong if I get my uncle to buy one for me (in England), take it out of the box and stuff it in his suitcase. What would the airport security (Forgot the name)guys say "Uh yea, this is one of those differentials that autotech has the exclusive rights for importing only". yeah right like they even know what exclusive means.
OK if I am overlooking something, then tell me.

------------------
-98 Silver Contour SVT
-Grizzly Clutch + Motor Mounts
-Sony MD deck
-Earthquake EQ
-2 sets of component speakers
-2 10' mtx woofers
-3 Amps
-P.A. system with animal noises!
-J_graham@pacbell.net

SVT with CE light mod and a camera mount.
Naughty Pictures
Why yes it is true, I am on my third engine.
J
JVT Offline
J
3.0 E0 SVT,

you trying to tell me it's illegal to buy a
Quaife from England? Bwaaaa. Come on. What
are they gonna sue me for? Buying their
product?

I got it shipped for $78, so the total comes
out to $780 shipped.
www.demon-tweeks.co.uk

They don't have the part listed in their
catalog on the website, but e-mail them,
they can get it for you.

John

'98 SVT - modded
-15.01@91.8
'95 Suzuki GS500E
-faster than the above
---wanting a Speed Triple or Superhawk badly
J
JVT Offline
J
Quote:
Originally posted by cjbaldw:
Hey Guys,

Is this Quaife the very same Quaife sold here in the U.S. for $1200 or a different brand/manufacturer and if so, just as good?

The housing looks a little different, but it
will fit no problem. Or at least it's supposed to.

John

'98 SVT - modded
-15.01@91.8
'95 Suzuki GS500E
-faster than the above
---wanting a Speed Triple or Superhawk badly
K
K
So ah can I get the "about" price on this mod (the 3.0 Liter) after installation and head work and all?? And maybe even an e-mail or number for it. Thanks

OP Offline
Damn you guys are bitter. I was just stating that.I don't give a **** what you do. I was just sharing my experience. All I was saying is if an american went to quaife in england they might not sell you a diff because of their agreement with Autotech .That's all I was saying. No need to get all wet about it.
Roger

------------------
98 SVT E0, Black
97 GTI VR6, Green

98 SVT E0, Black
97 GTI VR6, Green
But... but we're not selling it out for profit! And **** them Autotech for trying to rip us off >>>$500 (who knows how muchthey got it themselves ($500 each?)!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 3.0L SVT E0:

------------------
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
AirKnight (Dominic Ho)
Buffalo, NY

AIM: AirKnight on MTB

My Contique smile
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

UBRF.org , Western New York's Premiere Automotive Forum.

Yeah, I got some bolt-ons.
Car Pics
Video of Brullen cat-back on a \'95 SE
How-to: Short Shifter for Pre-98 MTX

"heres the deal $2 grand buy in winner gets the cash and the girl and the respect. We'll race from 0 to Inf. until I win." - someone on the internet
OP Offline
Cost on the diff at autotech is about $600. That includes shipping costs.

98 SVT E0, Black
97 GTI VR6, Green
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard