Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Heres my story, last year my fuel pump went out for the second time since I have owned the car. The first time was at 32K and was replaced under warranty.
The second happened last spring at about 48K and I purchased a fuel pump and sock filter from autozone with a lifetime warranty (good choice!)and had it installed at a local garage.
Well anyway since about 65K when ever my tank ran at 1/4 or below it would start bucking like mad when I hit the accelerator and the lower the fuel level got the more often it would happen with less and less throttle.
Lately it has been creeping up and happening at 1/3 of a tank and it was really pissing me off. I have about 77K on it today.
Some people suggested that I replace the fuel filter which I did at about 60K and a tune up which was done at the same time as the second fuel pump install. Some suggested that it was caused by the Bostch plat 4's that I installed but I ran them for 20K and when I took them out they looked great and when I recently replaced them with the autolite double plats it didnt seem to make a difference.
So today my buddy and I decide to take the pump out and replace it, since it was under warranty and when we did we noticed that there was no sock filter to be found, I even reached in the tank and to feel for it if indeed it came off.
I had to buy the sock filter to get the warranty on the pump and I had a local garage do the install. I am starting to think that since they obviously didnt put on the sock filter on, crap got into it and was starving the pump so when the tank ran low it didnt have enought fuel to keep it running smooth.
So we replaced the pump and added the sock filter and so far so good! The car has so much more power than before, its like a whole new engine!
Do you think I should go back to the garage and complain or at least let them know I was dissatisfied with what I found? Or should I leave it be and just not go there anymore and tell others about my poor experience?
Sorry for the long post but I thought it might be helpful if anyone runs accross this in the future with similar problems...

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J

I would mention it to them and see what their response is...

Ya'never know, they may give you some funds back fron the cost of the work or give their 'work experience' a slap around the head...

JJ.

'95 Mondeo 2.5l V6 in 'Silver Stardust' Fitted: Alpine CD HD On way: CD changer! Current Mod: Large dent, from attack by London double-decker bus...
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
Mine has gone every July for the last two years. 3 months away lets see if it goes again. I would let the shop know and see what they say, it can't hurt.

1999 Silver Frost Contour SVT 2690 of 2760 Born 08/13/1999 Sony Mobile ES CDX-C90 Deck 6 1/2 Infinity Kappa Perfect mid & tweet set, 2 12 Infinity Kappa Perfects JBL P.600.1 for Bass, P.180.2 for front stage.
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by Alex T.:
Mine has gone every July for the last two years. 3 months away lets see if it goes again. I would let the shop know and see what they say, it can't hurt.

I hate these damn pumps! I hope you have one with a lifetime warranty as I would hate investing another $120 each year!

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard