Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#93771 10/06/00 10:54 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I'm confused,you have given the uprated specs of your motor but in the topic 'uprated PCM's' you say that we will have to upgrade our gas,with your setup dont you already run the highest octane? ,also confused about the 'ovehead cam...etc',what type of cam set up do you have at the moment?Thanks TAH

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
T
OP Offline
T
Anyone home?

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello Terry,

I have had my engine balanced and blueprinted yes. I retained the OEM Spec PCM Module to prevent expenses from rising even higher at the time. Furthermore, my goal was to just use nitrous as a real power booster. Rather than being forcved to use premium gas all the time when it is so expensive and rising daily! So as rudimentary/plain dumb as it may be I have not yet changed the PCM Module or switched over to higher octane the engine is fine for me ((right now)) w/o doing so....I RESPECT YOUR OPINION AND YOUR ATTITUDE...whaty do you think that the next step should be for me??

I really need a transmission overhaul it is starting to go... but engine wise it is obvious that a new PCM/higher octane could boost performance significantly. But I don't want to be forced to 94 octane and 1.99 a gallon at fill-up! Where the hell should i go regarding this dilemma?

The cams I have are still stock but, the journals etc. were reviewed for my knowledge during teardown. i have their lift/intake/exhuast specs and all htat somewhere at my house. I think that this could be another way to go to easily boost power seeing as how the rest of my wngine is really overdone for normal aspiration, when I am not on nitrous.

Do you think I have the potential to get this thing to 275HP- 300HP w/o fog or what???? w/above mods - cam and/or PCM?

Respectfully yours,

sinepsgib

T
OP Offline
T
I'm not aware of aftermarket cams yet.I'm sure you should be using higher octane right now.With the level of mods you discribe I would think the engine would det a lot.Over 300hp is possible with an intercooled tubo setup,but the bottom end has to have extensive work.Were your conrods forged or machined from solid by your m/c shop?

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
I'm not aware of aftermarket cams yet.I'm sure you should be using higher octane right now.With the level of mods you discribe I would think the engine would det a lot.Over 300hp is possible with an intercooled tubo setup,but the bottom end has to have extensive work.Were your conrods forged or machined from solid by your m/c shop?

They were FORGED. Yes, yes I know the process is laborious and an expert trade and requires equipement that probably isn't all that common... That is why I have gotten such problemsd here. But, these guys were subjected to my begging and supplicating for months and themn they happened to have a cancelled order on some titanium designated for this bicycle racing team over in europe - germany I think they said. Anyhowm, they would forge the materials in shop for custom bicycles and sometimes motorcycle internal components and slotted/drilled racing brake rotors I guess.

They had enlightenedd me to the fact that the forging of mtorcycle engine parts was in the area of expertise as well as tearing them down and dedicating them to spec for racing - SO WHY NOT AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE PARTS?!! That's why I hounded them. AND forged rather than machined is best!

Do not rag on me fior their number please - I was asssured that they would not want to do this for a mass production and the cast/part specifications were not promised to be retained)as they "constantly were developing and recycling cast material" - or the process for god's sake I am not a metallurgist...

Thaks for the TIPs above. But, I really need to save up for some tranny upgrades. No cams huh? Perhaps they can be done by a typical speed shop though for more performance?

Say what area of the US are you in again?

------------------
Sinep
Sphincter-R 'Cuz It'll Blow You Away
Running 13.89 1/4 @ 119 MPH Old Englsishtown, NJ
98 Contour SVT (Eng B&B)
Custom Intake
Operation 150 shot NOS
Cut out the resonator
King Rally Lights
Sears wheels - "Z Racing"
Underdrive Pulleys
Connecting Rods
KKM
Ericsson Phone Hooked up
Rubber by Nitto
Hot Xst Slamdunk Style
Oodles of carbon fiber
Matching tasteful decals
Overhead cam is coming!

T
OP Offline
T
I'm in W/Mi ,I think the rods would have to have been forged in a foundry Vs your machine shop as a large press/drop forge is required,they did the finish machining/cap split etc.It would be nice to know the grade of titanium,I ask because if they 'recycle' material you could end up with a '*******',excuse term,alloy.With somthing like this I hope they did a full met lab check etc.Regards TAH

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
W
W
I don't want to sound negative, but I can't believe that you're running nitrous without also using high octane gas. That is just not possible without grenading your engine. An engine on nitrous is under more stress than an engine with high compression. I'm sure I don't know everything, but I've been working with high performance engines for about 25 years now - am I missing something here?

-Wes
98 SE Sport
'66 HiPo Mustang
'66 Corvette
'76 Porsche

T
OP Offline
T
wjang,
we shall see?,I'm a little lost on this one too!!!

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
T
OP Offline
T
sine,
can we please get this posting resolved...thank you.

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
sine,
can we please get this posting resolved...thank you.

When going to the track I always use that 108 "turbo" Octane booster. Howver, I don't use premium for everyday driving. Concurrently I don't use nitrous then either, unless I am racing some hardcore drivers/cars. And this is rare as I don't like using nitrous on the streets where the road I am on is often not familiar or glass smooth as at the strip.

BUt I have used nitrous about twenty to twenty five times on the street over the past three years and rarely with no octane adjustment - pump lower octane usually 89 Octane "midrange." I need NOS to outpace s/c and large turbo's especially. I have no issues with the engine! I believe that my tranny is failing for sure though.

LAter guys!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard