Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#937541 04/23/04 10:48 PM
G
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
G
A new CEGer is selling parts on Ebay and apparently screwed someone over on another forum:

Quote:

Originally posted by: **name withheld**
...this somewhat breaks the rules, but i ask the mods to allow it as it is important
this guy is a fraud, i won those items last week in an auction and he lied about where its location was, and then about how much shipping was, and then decided to cover himself and charge 50 bux handling, and then when i said i've got a friend who lives right by ya that can pick it up(after he agreed to do this) he re-listed item and totally stopped contact with me. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK:
Ebay link
he also has a set of heads/cams on eBay that i'd be careful of buying

Quote:

this is the reply that i got to his email

> Dear gsxr907,
>
> why are you relisting this item when someone has
> already won it? it seems like your screwing people
> over.
>
> Thank you
> **name withheld**

I know who you are and I am happy that your friends
with other guy but you do not know what happened
just his side so before you take your one sided
friends view think that he might be wrong I take back
the [censored] you your just an [censored] like him
fu not fyi

I'm not trying to say he's ripping people off or anything, just wanted to give fellow CEGers a heads up of this incident given the number of rip offs occurring in Classifieds and Group Buys.

~Pete

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
#937542 04/23/04 10:55 PM
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
i think we as a group need to pound on or otherwise reprimand all these frauds i keep hearing about. i have not been taken myself but such behavior is just out of the question.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
#937543 04/23/04 11:08 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
i hate ebay now, I bought a set of heads from some guy, got a GREAT price. . .and lo and behold, he "broke them" when he was taking them to ship, at least he refunded me the money, but I've been waiting to see if he relists them. . .I thought this listing (the same guy has heads and cams listed) was suspicious. . .whatever, I got scammed on ebay once, NEVER again. . .

#937544 04/28/04 04:17 PM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:
A new CEGer is selling parts on Ebay and apparently screwed someone over on another forum:

Quote:

...this somewhat breaks the rules, but i ask the mods to allow it as it is important
this guy is a fraud, i won those items last week in an auction and he lied about where its location was, and then about how much shipping was, and then decided to cover himself and charge 50 bux handling, and then when i said i've got a friend who lives right by ya that can pick it up(after he agreed to do this) he re-listed item and totally stopped contact with me. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK:
Ebay link
he also has a set of heads/cams on eBay that i'd be careful of buying

Quote:

this is the reply that i got to his email

> Dear gsxr907,
>
> why are you relisting this item when someone has
> already won it? it seems like your screwing people
> over.
>
> Thank you
> **name withheld**

I know who you are and I am happy that your friends
with other guy but you do not know what happened
just his side so before you take your one sided
friends view think that he might be wrong I take back
the [censored] you your just an [censored] like him
fu not fyi

I'm not trying to say he's ripping people off or anything, just wanted to give fellow CEGers a heads up of this incident given the number of rip offs occurring in Classifieds and Group Buys.

~Pete

Mister smartie pants you have no idea what your speaking about.
The guy did not want to pay the shipping thought he was getting scammed.
Even after I told him on a Saturday and Sunday(when the post office is closed) that I did not make up the shipping charge up. I just just plugged in his zip code and sent him the ebay invoice. Not me ...the ebay shipping calculator!

Then I told him that if the shipping was less I would forward back any left over$$$ (-) my packing charge to him.
He said that adding packing charges was against ebay .....
NO ITS NOT! and I set the auction up to included a 15 dollar packing charge.

Pete this did not happen to you and I have not screwed anyone.

Beware of yourself its very easy to try to make a person
look bad.
Thanks for being a super guy that you are....
I heard the world was going to end when y2k happened
guess what : lie
Do everyone on this site a favor talk only facts.
For your info mister smartie pete I am meeting this guy's friend to complete the sale .....while your doing the news in the world why don't you report that.

Last edited by gsxr907; 04/28/04 04:36 PM.
#937545 04/28/04 04:23 PM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
also you with-hold the name of the other people but not me....thanks for that

#937546 04/28/04 04:30 PM
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Your grammar is possibly the most incoherant drivel I've ever come across on these boards. Attacking Pete (which is what I think you did, but I can't really be sure...) is useless. He is simply trying to protect the interests of other CEGers, which I see no problem in doing so. On top of that, he even said he wasn't sure if you were ripping people off or if there was just some incorrect information in there. Relax.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
#937547 04/28/04 04:35 PM
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i like how you're keeping bidders id's private on the new auction.... thats something scammers are known to do.

also, pete didn't say you were a scammer. all he was doing was passing along the facts as he knew them. you, however attack him and call him names? and you expect us to think you're not the one pulling crap here??

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
#937548 04/28/04 04:39 PM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
oh so yourgirls friend with svt pete now!
no the people that bid on my stuff dont need emails from someone like your self making them think that something not true.

Last edited by gsxr907; 04/28/04 04:55 PM.
#937549 04/28/04 04:41 PM
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
i like how you're keeping bidders id's private on the new auction.... thats something scammers are known to do.

also, pete didn't say you were a scammer. all he was doing was passing along the facts as he knew them. you, however attack him and call him names? and you expect us to think you're not the one pulling crap here??

also a fact is something that happens to you not to some one else....first hand not third.

#937550 04/28/04 04:42 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Ok, coming to this guys defense. If he is a scammer, then I would be happy to drive to Indian and take car of [censored].
Pete, I have been on your side, but listing his name and not the buyers is pretty one sided...
Looking at his record, he appears to be a very good seller. There are two sides and the latter was not presented well whatsoever.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard