Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#93684 09/15/00 03:59 PM
D
D
Terry, your the man! Go for it! I GOT to talk to you about this oil starvation thing on the SVTs/Duratecs. Can I call or email?

Dan

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
#93685 09/15/00 04:03 PM
T
OP Offline
T
E mail away,either secondline@ameritech.net OR consultantsareus@www.com,make it as comprehensive as you like ,will se what I can do,regards TAH

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
#93686 09/15/00 04:18 PM
C
Administrator
Administrator
C
Terry, you can e-mail ANY and ALL pictures to me and I will put them on my server!! chris_hightower@dell.com

Especially the one of the intake manifold!

------------------
Chris Hightower
http://crush7.dyndns.org/

-Chris Hightower-
-Hightower Performance Products, LLC

(Oo.«xx».oO)
o xxxxxxxxx o
#93687 09/15/00 04:59 PM
B
B
We have to get some pics up here! I'm salavating at the thought of a twin turbo 2.5!!! I don't care that I'd have to have as much money as God to get it, I JUST WANT TO SEE IT!

If it's still in the planning stages, someone ought to get a website up that charts the progress of this beast (ala the "project" pages on tuners websites, preferably with hot ladies draped all over it like that focus project at SCA!).

BTW, thanks for the clarification on the terms.

------------------
Eric Walton
2000 Silver Frost SVT
1571 of 2150
Richbrook shift knob
Pioneer 6x8 2 & 3-ways

#93688 09/15/00 05:16 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Chris & Eric,
chris have mailed the exhaust manifold set up to you,quality not to good(brown,old drawing of mine!)plus some other info,I was the EAO Ford engineer at Roush who covered the build of 400 proto cdw's(I'm a powertrain engineer).The twin tubo is close,will update my website(very behind on that one!) www.consultants-are-us.bigstep.com when I get some time,there is a 170+hp zetec on the board aswell.Regards TAH

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
#93689 09/15/00 08:21 PM
S
S
350HP from a bi-turbo set-up...

who interested in an S4 now with only 250 odd HP...hehe

I know I know...need to strengthen other parts too...

Thanks for all the info Terry

alessandro

Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
FYI
I'm currently working on a twin turbo.intercooled engine set up for the 2.5 V6,for racing...maybe rod that takes it to 350bhp.Have to understand that this has extensive engine mods (bottom end!)and body mods to get it in,will keep you posted,expect to be early 2001.Also,for the Zetec,a turbo/intercooled setup to 170+hp,not as many basic mods to the engine but not what I would call a 'bolt on kit'.More info soon.TAH

alessandro
PERFORMANCE FORDS- Unique parts for the contique and cougar
SVT Owners Association - Toronto Chapter

SilVer_bulleT@rogers.com
1999 Silver SVT

Funnel Ram, PF Maf Adapter, Magnecore, Brullen Exhaust, Brullen Y-Pipe, O.Z. Supperleggera...MORE toys waiting to be installed...
177hp, 155lb-ft
#93690 09/15/00 08:30 PM
D
D
Terry, what did you need to to the bottom for 350 HP (just curious). Forged pistons for sure, prob rods, how about crank? girdel? main bearings? block reinforcements? Other?

Dan

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760)
Stock SVT Duratec V6 with:
Intake- K&N filter/75mm MAF meter
Exhaust- MSDS Y-pipe/Bassani catback
Durability-Ford "dual mode" damper, Mobil 1/K&N oil filter
179.2 FWHP at 6900 RPM
#93691 09/15/00 08:38 PM
T
OP Offline
T
A new billet crank is being made(in UK),new rods,added 'hardware' for girdle support.Many more hours of component testing to go,material looks good...for now!My intention will be to market these engines on an excange/fitted basis.The body mods may take a bit of your legroom but not much.Have to rembember that brakes,suspension etc all for part of such a conversion,I putting a lot of time(and $/'pounds')into this ,did I also mention that several 'hybrid'/kitcars take the V6/Zetec in UK,but as a 'mid-engine' set up,looking into the also and will be in UK next month.TAH

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
#93692 09/15/00 08:54 PM
J
J
Terry,

You mentioned in another topic that the 3L conversion would be a bear. Was that from the perspective of dropping it into a Zetec powered Contique or just a PITA in general.

I was asking, because it really looks like the 3L from the Escape/Tribute is identical to the 2.5L right down to the water pump on the back end of the engine.

The only external difference I saw was the different intake plenum. (There many not be any of that dual IMRC stuff we have on the 2.5L)

So I was thinking that you could drop the SVT manifold and everything upstream, intake speaking on top of that, the late model engines allegedly share a crank that is compatible with the MTX-75 (unverified).

You would probably need the larger injectors of the SVT (which I think are the same as used in the 3L duratec, and perhaps some custom ECM tuning to make the computer and sensor agree on what it is seen and what it all means.

Comments?

TB

------------------
Tony Boner
Personal: tboner@mvp.net Work: tony.boner@central.sun.com

Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru * Sun Microsystems Rocks * http://www.sun.com
Goofing off with cars
Duratec Vehicles
1999 Contour SE 2.5L ATX: K&N FilterCharger, SuperChip, KVR/Brembo Cross Drilled
Rotors and Pads
2000 Mazda MPV (Yes 2.5L Duratec): Bone Stock

Looking for 95-97 5speed SE as 3.0L duratec project car and 3.0L Duratec Engine
Non-Duratec Vehicles
Daily Driver: 1987 Buick LeSofa^H^H^H^HSabre 3.8L V6 -- 150HP AND 215ft/lbs torque smile

Tony Boner
Personal: 98cdw27@charter.net Work: tony.boner@sun.com
Saving the computer world from WinBloze as Unix/Solaris/Java Guru http://www.sun.com
1998 Contour SVT Pre-E1 618/6535 Born On Date: 4/30/1997
Now with Aussie Bar induced mild oversteer.
#93693 09/15/00 09:30 PM
T
OP Offline
T
TB,
Main problem with existing 3.0 is the FEAD,sticks out more than 2.5,if the pump is back on the came drive should be able to maintain overall engine length/width of the existing 2.5.As to the intake,dipite many opinions port deact does have merit for low speed torque and good cylinder filling by maintaining high gas velocity into the port at low engine speed,the key is the transition points,bit like an old two stage carb(Weber etc,now I'm showing my age!)Have to watch this as 'bigger is not always better',need to test both set up on a flowbench with heads ,manifolds,stock valve openings etc to get the real picture.One other point,back to cooling,should consider a rad with increased fin density,the duratech HATES to be cooked,the heads will warp in a hartbeat! re grinding them/deck face helps little as the deck & head material is thin to start with so after machining the chances of warpage are greater...keep it cool!Hope some of this helps.The moral is you can fit almost anything in anything...given time & money,is it worth it? I myself feel a wll sorted 2.5 is better than more cubes.Regards TAH

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard