Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
tjbugs1 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2474565368&category=33677

So i saw this on ebay and was thinking of geting it. Dose anyone have it and if so dose it look good? Is it hard to put on? because it dosent come with instructions. is there any where else online that i can get the same set for less or with the instructions? thanks Peace

"I guess of all my uncles, I liked Uncle Cave Man the best. We called him Uncle Cave Man because he lived in a cave and because sometimes he'd eat one of us. Later on we found out he was a bear" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/586498/1
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Those look pretty decent. 30 bucks isn't a bad deal at all if they go for that.

"...first he's gonna s*!t, then he's gonna kill us." 1999 Contour SVT Retrojunk.com
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
I think I bought my silver reverse gauges from them, they work fine.

There are a couple of points.

1: The new overlays power wires will prevent you from completly closing the gauge cluster. They get in the way of it snapping shut (at least they did in mine) so be ready for that. However, when you screw the cluster back into the dash the cover is firmly held in place, so it's okay.

You can see the power wires coming out from the top there, that area is normally tightly spaced against the gauge cluster cover.

2: The switch that controls the intensity & color is a small rectangular switch with a rotary knob. I couldn't find a place to mount on my dash so I modified a dash insert

It works fine, however the wires that connect to the rotary switch are TINY so if you screw with them, be careful, they'll snap right off and you'll have to re-solder them.

Besides those tiny concerns they're great. I love my gauges!

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
T
tjbugs1 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
What if I was to drill a hole in the top of the gauge cluster? Would that alow it to line up flush? Plus, i saw in your pics, looks real good by the way, that you still have some green in there. Is there any way to change that to say blue or red?

"I guess of all my uncles, I liked Uncle Cave Man the best. We called him Uncle Cave Man because he lived in a cave and because sometimes he'd eat one of us. Later on we found out he was a bear" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/586498/1
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
1: The green is the actualy backing of the old gauge covers. They aren't removed, they are just overlayed. There's 5 bulbs in the back of the cluster that some people are modding by using LED's but I have not seen a HOW-TO with the actual bulb replacement. There's some pics, but I'm not sure how to replace a bulb with a LED so I didn't. But with a blue LED, the needles would be a bright whitish blue...

2: No, drilling at the top wont do. If you look at the pic, at the power cord for RPM's & MPH the wires begin at a point which is right where the clear covers snap back in. So they are blocking the cover from closing from the back, not the top. Now you could mod it I suppose and bend the overlays a little back, then go around some parts, but the overlays themselves are bendable, but not THAT bendable. I think they would pop themselves up from the cluster so that's why I didn't do it. I never figured out a way to safely close the clear cover and have it snap back in so I didn't. However, the cover is screwed into the dash and so is part of the cluster, so the whole assembly, once put back in the dash is held in place. You won't have to worry about loose parts.

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
So i saw this on ebay and was thinking of geting it.

Go for it. Except now that you've posted the link to it on here you'll be bidding against 50 other CEGers who also want it.

N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
hey jsut to give you the heads up check ur cluster to see if it is cable or electronic, if cable the speedo gauge will not work on ur cluster. it will cover the miles and trip odometer. jsut to let u know. I know cuz i have an early 95 speedo cable

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by nOsSvTcOnToUr:
hey jsut to give you the heads up check ur cluster to see if it is cable or electronic, if cable the speedo gauge will not work on ur cluster. it will cover the miles and trip odometer. jsut to let u know. I know cuz i have an early 95 speedo cable

They are overlays, you still use the stock speedometer.

However, IIRC, some of the speedometers have the trip odometer reset in a different place. You want to make sure it fits.

My name is Richard. I was a Contouraholic. NOW: '02 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport, Black BEFORE: '99 Contour SE Sport Duratec ATX Spruce Green PIAA 510's, Foglight MOD, K&N Drop-in
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
go for it......ebay is great...everything cheap and it works

E1 CSVT s/c-----x turbo---x 3L------check
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
DO it!I have those gauges also and I stole Nates Idea of
putting the switch in the dash looks so,so good