Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Okay so I've got problems up the butt:

1) Stage 1 spec clutch/flywheel is still acting up. Clutch chatter at idle is very loud, and the whole engine shakes when you start from a stop. Calling spec soon, gonna find out what they're gonna do about this piece of crap.

2) Idles rough, large power loss, gas in oil, black smoke out exhaust. Check engine light says O2 sensor, replacing soon. The rough idle is causing a stall, diagnosis: bad IAC.

3) Tapping sound at low RPMs, goes away at about 2000. Sounds like its coming from lower engine. Just changed the oil, seemed to get better but still there.

4) Hissing/scraping sound, NO CLUE what the hell it is. Quiet but prominent, can only hear it when I'm driving next to a car or wall. Non-existant at idle, revving engine with clutch pedal down still causes the sound so its not the bad clutch/flywheel.

5) Excessive oil in intake. Not coming from the engine. No ideas.

6) Engine heats up way, way too fast. Will be halfway up the gauge after a mile or two. No ideas.

7) A/C not working. I'm ignoring that one for now.

If I hear one person tell me to use the search, I'm going to kill them. With a spoon. I've searched a little, everything seems to be left unsolved and its too hard to do an extensive search since it takes so long.

That being said, any help would be really, really nice..

The Spickle New Car: Infra Red '04 FSVT Former Car: Black '98 CSVT, #3137/6535 "The Unluckiest car.. ever"
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by SpliceVW:

2) Idles rough, large power loss, gas in oil, black smoke out exhaust. Check engine light says O2 sensor, replacing soon. The rough idle is causing a stall, diagnosis: bad IAC.

3) Tapping sound at low RPMs, goes away at about 2000. Sounds like its coming from lower engine. Just changed the oil, seemed to get better but still there.

4) Hissing/scraping sound, NO CLUE what the hell it is. Quiet but prominent, can only hear it when I'm driving next to a car or wall. Non-existant at idle, revving engine with clutch pedal down still causes the sound so its not the bad clutch/flywheel.

6) Engine heats up way, way too fast. Will be halfway up the gauge after a mile or two. No ideas.

If I hear one person tell me to use the search, I'm going to kill them. With a spoon. I've searched a little, everything seems to be left unsolved and its too hard to do an extensive search since it takes so long.

With #6 ignore that, many people incluidng me ignore their guages they dont work right. Mine is at "L" after 8 miles of driving. Your engine isnt really that hot, plus if it does overheat you will know, you will have paint chips flying off the hood.

#7, is it charged up?

S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:

With #6 ignore that, many people incluidng me ignore their guages they dont work right. Mine is at "L" after 8 miles of driving. Your engine isnt really that hot, plus if it does overheat you will know, you will have paint chips flying off the hood.

#7, is it charged up?

Seems to have no charge, but it was working fine last summer (that was the last time I tried it).

The Spickle New Car: Infra Red '04 FSVT Former Car: Black '98 CSVT, #3137/6535 "The Unluckiest car.. ever"
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
For your AC problem it could be the accumulater. I Have heard that they are known to rust and then leak or something like that. My AC doesn't work and I am planning on getting the accumulater fixed by the GM dealership! Good luck with those other problems.

Champagne 1995 Ford Contour LX R.I.P. - 7/11/06 V6 2.5L 24v DOHC Oversized System
S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Great, solutions for the A/C. Oh well, maybe I can just fix the A/C and then sit in the driveway with it on. At least then my back won't itch from sweating so much (damn leather..)

N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Quote:

Sounds like you main bearings are going. Especially sense after the oil change it got better somewhat.

'95 Mystique ATX I4 2.0 134,000mi '96 Contour MTX I4 2.0 36,000mi My Rides
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
As hard as it is to say, i'm sure it is just as hard to hear...Maybe its time for a new car. Is it worth spending thousands on those problems? Wow, i thought i had problems with my tour.

98' contour GS ATX 88,000

S
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
S
I just *did* spend thousands. I've only put about 600 miles on this engine. I had the bearings go on my last engine. This tapping sounds higher pitched, lighter, and different. Also: new car is out of the question. 4 years left on the loan.

N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
I just *did* spend thousands. I've only put about 600 miles on this engine. I had the bearings go on my last engine. This tapping sounds higher pitched, lighter, and different. Also: new car is out of the question. 4 years left on the loan.

Did someone else do it? If so have them take a look at it. It should be under some sort of warranty.

'95 Mystique ATX I4 2.0 134,000mi '96 Contour MTX I4 2.0 36,000mi My Rides
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
if you have insurance on the car just let the keys in it and hope someone will steal it... sounds like you have too many problems and probably will cost more than the car is worth...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard