Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
As many of you know, I have posted on my LED web site about doing a kit for our cars. If I do this things in the GB will be a little different then normal. First off, LEDs won't ship till the GB is over. the GB will be open for 1 month to allow everyone who can't afford it this week to still get in next week. The GB Will begin begining of may if I do it. and will end the end of may. The Kit will include everything you will need in order to do your car. I will have several kits avaible. With many different colors.

Things that will be included.
3mm & 5mm LEDs
Foot Well/HVAC/Head Light Control Switch Wedge Base LEDs
Gauge Wedge Base LEDs
Trunk/Dome LED Based Lights

Map, and Hood Lights will not be included as I am not sure of the size needed.

This GB will be offered also at FCO, and at FordMondeo.org Through Staurt.

Since, I will be ordering several lights items for these kits from Superbrightleds.com in order to get a discount, we will need a 20 order minimium for the kits. The Trunk and Dome LED Based Lights, will not be able to be discounted unless we get 50+ people as there are only two needed. For those who have a mystique, I do not know the bulb the for back dome light. I have the bulb here with me, and I am not quite sure what size it is. If anyone could tell me that would be awsome.

The Kits will be priced from $30-$50.00 depending on how many people are in the GB. The more the cheaper per person.
pollstart][polltitle=Just to Gauge a little interests:]
[polloption=I am interested in the Kits for $30-$50 each.]
[polloption=I am interested in the Kits but, not at the above price.]
[polloption=I am not interested at this time, due to the price.]
[polloption=I am not interested at this time, due to lack of interests.]
[polloption=I am not interested at this time, due to other reasons.]

[pollstop]

for those who want to see the tutorial that is still in work. http://coverstoryrock.com/auiotour/leds/tutorial/index.html

I have made a post in the Asthetics Forum with some pictures of a possibility of a new option for those with dremels and higher skills. Check it out. Here is a preview of what you will see.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er

Gauge Interest
Interested for $30-50 each
Interested, but not for above price
Not interested, due to price
Not interested, due to lack of interest
Not interested, other reasons

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
how hard is this to do? I am terrible with electrical...

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

ditto

99 Contour SE -Front oval mesh grille -tinted windows Future: Custom exhaust CTA intake. thats pretty much it
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
ditto, as you know auiotour, but I have a fellow SVT'er(DragonflySVT) who's an electrician and should be able to really help me out if I need it.

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by Disturbedpunk289:
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

ditto

It sounds complicated, the hardest part is not burning yourself with the soddering pencil/pen. It really quite easy. Once you do two or three of them, and I suggest doing the back door switches first. As it is slightly harder to do some of the switches and buttons such as, the drivers door, defrost, and dimmer switches. The Clock is fairly straight forward, and so is the contour/mystique plate. The hvac and gauges, is very simple. I have detail instructions on how to remove the pieces. and get to the bulbs, which are pain to remove, I just broke mine and pulled them out. Other said twist them back and forth then pull them out. I will try it sometime. As for the hvac if you have ever installed a stereo you know the hvac is behind the stereo bezel. Remove the bezel, simple snaps off on pre98 models and unscrewed by four screws on the bottom of the post97 models. then snapped off, then un screw the two screws that hold that hvac on, also the dimmer, pop the dimmer open, and make a few small cuts, and then for the hvac the bulbs, just unplug, and the new ones plug directly in. It really seems hard, but its not, its time consuming.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
One last question...does my dimmer still work?

A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
If you redo your gauges/hvac, the dimmer will have little affect on the lights actually dimming.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
So in basic terms...it doesn't work.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
With the dimmer switch it reduces the amps to the 12v bulbs they can be dimmer, the LEDs require hardly any amps in order to work. The dimmer switch barely dims the LEDs, it is noticable but if you have a head ache at night having blue LEDs isn't going to help your drive home. The Dimmer Switch Will still work.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard