Print Thread
R
rouar Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
The actual vehicles, not parts or such.

I'm guilty as charged ... definitely daily, minimum twice, can be as often as 10 times or more. (And this is just the Contours!)

There have been increasingly more eBay-related posts about Contours on these forums, so I was just wondering....

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I do. I'm always running numbers on how to get myself into a WRX while keeping the monthly payment sane. Guesstimating what my 'tique might bring on eBay plays into that. Right now, I'm thinking of keeping it one more year at least then going for the Scooby.

I spent 4.5hrs walking around the NYIAS yesterday and the Scooby is the only car I saw that is somewhat similar to a Contique. The new Mazda 3 is very cool but I'm not sure how much of a handler it is. The TSX is a cracker but $27k !! for a 4 pot. The TL is droolworthy with a sticker to match. The new 300 should be a home run but unfortunately is ATX only.

Time will tell.

Bless our servicemen & women overseas. L.Cpl Ian Malone, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, R.I.P.
B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
S
S
Wow - you're a brave person to buy a car on ebay! I won't even buy a pencil through ebay, never mind a car!

B
CEG'er
CEG'er
B
Well, considering this car dealer has sold quite a bit through ebay, has very good feedback, takes very good pictures and has rated the car mechanically......all lead me to buy this....I love the leather seats, etc. I also talked with the dealer before sending my money....

There is still some risk, but I think I kinda minimized mine. You know when you buy a used car from Slim Jim down the street, you don't really have a chance to talk to other people about the cars they purchased from him....on Ebay it is quite different!!

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by stodge:
Wow - you're a brave person to buy a car on ebay! I won't even buy a pencil through ebay, never mind a car!

If you know what you're doing, you can find the best deals on Ebay. I have bought three cars and two motorcycles on Ebay. I've sold two cars and a motorcycle on Ebay as well. Never had a problem

2006 Mazdaspeed6 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace 1996 Volvo 850-R

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard