Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I guess I'll chime in here. I eventually have to replace my driver side fender due to too many dings and paint chips. I've been thinking about cutting into it just for experimental sake as soon as it's time to get a new fender, and see if I could make an effective direct air intake for the filter, through some vents/portholes/ducting. Any thoughts?

But as far as a heatshield goes, I've been following this thread pretty closely, very fascinating and good job unisys (sp?, I'm too lazy to check)! Once you get it finalized I'd love to see the measurements/materials/prices of the whole project. I have a KKM with that blue rubber piping to the fender well, mounted to a ProFlow MAF, so I think mine would take a bit of customization, but this thread has been very helpful in my ideas!

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
2) Removing the snorkle from the filter and moving it back to the opening in the fender, will allow the above things to take place. If you only supplied fresh air, to the same small portion of filter media, will still not be enough to cool the rest of the air down that is entering the rest of the filter. I guess I look at putting the snorkle in the end of the filter as a sort of bottle neck and I want to elimante that here. So, moving the snorkle back allows for maximum air flow to the outter filter media, which is where most of all the air entering the intake system enters anyway.

Hmm I dont really agree with your logic on that but I'm perty tired so I think about it tomarro.

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard