Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Ok, today was the 4th time... I let my anger drive sometimes... and by that I mean I will floor the accelerator till I get upto speed limit (I know it gives bad gas milage too... but that roaring engine makes me feel better...) Anyway, today I am driving home, and this school bus was driving like [censored], so I passed it legally, but i gave it gas to do it quickly... I wanna say it was about 5,000 RPM (i dont have a Tach...) and it only happens when the engine is still cold... (freshly started)
And it wont restart for a few, (sounds like i have 2, 3 spark plugs unplugged to allow no compression...
Suggestions?

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Maybe you got some water in yer gas? I wonder if some fuel treatment might help ya out.....

98 Mystique LS DOB 06/97
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Been adding fuel treatment for awhile. I doubt water in gas tank (I ran it to E a long time ago)

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
Originally posted by ContourKev:
(I ran it to E a long time ago)

How often? Maybe you damaged the fuel pump?

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
When I first bought her, July 2003, I ran it out of gas, had a 5 Gal gas tank waiting to be poured in... I ran it out because when I bought her, she sat in a driveway for over 4 months... wanted that gas out!

H
H
Whenever you run it out of gas, or dangerously low, you overheat the pump. Even one time can cause enough damage to create problems down the road. This may not be the problem, but it might be worth looking into. If you fill it up does the problem go away or seem less severe?

EDIT: What year is your car? I remember reading that '99 and '00 pumps seemed to have a higher failure rate. I don't have a link handy, so that's really just hearsay unless someone knows for sure.

Last edited by hetfield; 04/14/04 03:08 AM.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
95, and it doesnt matter how much fuel is in my gas tank... I did it on a full tank, killed it cus I floored the accelerator, only when engine is cold, and make engine work over 5000 RPM (i wanna say 5000)
When shes all nice and warm, it dont matter, works great then
Its a 1995 Ford Contour GL 2.0L w/ ATX, has 111065 miles (cant wait for 111,111 tho!)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard