Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey Guys,

I knew I wouldn't get through owning this car without breaking one of those shoddy vacuum lines. So while changing out my throttle cable, I managed to snap the small green line that connects to the EGR.

My question, can you buy replacement lines from an auto shop? I'm actually wondering if you can splice a line together or something. Do they have rubber boots you could place on the broken end of the line to rejoin two pieces?

What's the best solution here?

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
I think (stress...think) you can pull the broken end of the tube out of its rubber boot.

Autopart stores sell vacuum line I believe too.

I guess first, look where that vacuum line goes, and pull both ends off (have to anyway), then remove the plastic tubing from both rubber ends and get a new section of plastic tubing.

Hope that helps.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I'm not to keen on splicing, doesn't that line run into a splice already??

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i dont see why you couldnt splice the two ends of the green plastic line together with a piece of rubber vacuum line.
it should be fine

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
when i changed the radiator on the mystique we changed one of the heater core hoses, well there are egr vac lines on it, I ended up cracking one, we just splices it with a plastic connector, no issues as of a year later

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
The vacuum line that goes to the reservoir under the dash broke somewhere [deep in/under the dash] last summer on my car. I ended up just using some cheap poly line from Lowes to run a whole new line. I made sure to keep it away from anything *too* hot but it has worked like a champ ever since.

Good luck.

Bless our servicemen & women overseas. L.Cpl Ian Malone, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, R.I.P.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Thanks Guys,

At lunch yesterday I ran out to Autozone. They have some rubber splices you can use to join broken brake lines. Seemed to work great!

- Zack

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard