Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Haven't seen a single post about a national get together for 2004. Would it be too soon to start gathering interest for a 2005 meet?

I'm thinkin' someplace sunny. Houston, San Antonio.

Someplace purdy. Denver, Moab, maybe a national park?

Someplace to have fun with the cars. The Tail of the Dragon, Roebling Road Raceway, Sebring, or others that we might share with other clubs for a weekend - one day for us, one day for them.

I remember reading of one in the hills in New York someplace. Just proposed for building with a great layout & excellent elevation changes that promised all sorts of fun! I wonder if it was ever built...

We could even plan it to coincide with another event like the road races near Vegas and maybe enter one of our cars, the Indy 500, Detroit Grand Prix.

Any interest??

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Spring Zing????????

You gonna be there????

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Super Grover:
Spring Zing????????

You gonna be there????

He lives in FL.....that is one hell of a drive!!!!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
Originally posted by Super Grover:
Spring Zing????????

You gonna be there????

He lives in FL.....that is one hell of a drive!!!!

South Florida no less. Takes 6 or 7 hours of driving just to reach the state line from where I am - unless I go east. State line is just 12 miles off shore in that direction. AaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I kill me.

And no, I will not be going to SZ. I intend to focus on meets & events closer to home (such as the Dragon) until we have a real national meet. If I win the lottery, I'll do the 1 Lap of America thing. That'll be fun.

Last edited by TourDeForce; 04/01/04 05:52 PM.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Sorry to hear that your not sacking up and making the trip to SZ04', but there WILL be a meet of some kind at the Dragon this fall, count on it. I have all the phone #'s ready and once SZ04' is over, the Dragon meet is going into my sig and I'll start getting the ball rollin' I plan on going to the Dragon atleast once a year, I'm hooked!

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
Sorry to hear that your not sacking up and making the trip to SZ04', but there WILL be a meet of some kind at the Dragon this fall, count on it. I have all the phone #'s ready and once SZ04' is over, the Dragon meet is going into my sig and I'll start getting the ball rollin' I plan on going to the Dragon atleast once a year, I'm hooked!

Groovy! So you're the one to speak to for the Dragon run arrangements??

If so, I'd like to suggest a nice little hotel that is pretty centrally located & easy access for arrivals & departures. It's the Best Western in Sweetwater, Tn. located right off I-75 on Hwy 68. You drive scenic 68 right to the start of the Cherohala Skyway & begin the 1/2 day loop that takes you through the Dragon. Once done, you have about a 40 minute cool down drive back to the hotel.

I stayed there last fall. They've got a heated indoor pool & jacuzzi, you get a huge free breakfast buffet that includes drinks & everything - not just the little toast & doughnut crap. The owner Bill is a fun guy too.

There ain't much to Sweetwater, but there are a few good places to eat - including Bobs BBQ. GREAT ribs. They've expanded twice and have been open about a year.

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I've got you one better, we stay in Tellico Plains, which is right on the start of the Cherahola Skyway (well were 3.5 miles off of it) These are cool little log cabin that cost my wife and I $135.00 for (3) nights, can't beat that. I really liked them alot and they even have ones that are bigger and sleep up to 4 people and have a jacuzzi too. Those are only $90.00 a night, so if a couple people go in on those, its dirt cheap! I'll be setting something up in the mid part of spring, its never to early to get things going on this. I'd say we'll have about 4 other Tours coming down with us, so its going to be a good time for sure

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Memo to whomever is putting together this National meet, check out whats going on with SZ04' Its definately a go, but everyones cryin' about money and stuff (i.e. the drive ) and we have about (37) or so registered. Spring Zing 02' had (84) cars, damn that was impressive! That being said, I plan on having a great time at SZ04' and Dragon Run 04'

T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
I've got you one better, we stay in Tellico Plains, which is right on the start of the Cherahola Skyway (well were 3.5 miles off of it) These are cool little log cabin that cost my wife and I $135.00 for (3) nights, can't beat that. I really liked them alot and they even have ones that are bigger and sleep up to 4 people and have a jacuzzi too. Those are only $90.00 a night, so if a couple people go in on those, its dirt cheap! I'll be setting something up in the mid part of spring, its never to early to get things going on this. I'd say we'll have about 4 other Tours coming down with us, so its going to be a good time for sure

I don't see free food in there anywhere....

GREAT to have choices though!!!

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Theres a local Hardee's with Biscuits and Gravey for about $1.99

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard