Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Ok, I have searched on this but didn't find exactly what I needed. I have a '95 Duratech MTX, and definitely one of the mechanical speedometers with a cable instead of a sensor. At first the speedometer needle would shake just a little, about 3mph back and forth. Then it started clicking as it did this. Now it wobbles 5-6mph and clicks to where I get irritated. Wobbling goes away about about 30mph and clicking goes away at about 55-65mph.

What is an easy temporary fix because I have very little money right now.

Where can I access this cable and hopefully unkink it or spray it with wd-40?

Thanks for your help, and take care.

~Paul

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Raise the hood, and look for a cable that comes through the firewall behind the instrument cluster, and then turns downward toward the back of the transmission. The cable is actually a two-piece cable. About a foot or so from the firewall, there will be a plastic connector that connects the two parts of the cable together. The cable can be dis-connected at this point, and lubricated. Hopefully that will help. You may also be able to just re-align the cable slightly to take out some of the bend in the cable.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard