Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I will do it if we can get 20 people. To bad its not the $200 price, but oh well, hopefully this new process works out. I will need my manifold back by spring zing though.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I'm still interested, but it would have to be at the 20 person price. Again, I can do without my UIM from about the end of May but I would have to have it back by June 25th at the absolute latest otherwise count me out since I'd need it back for the track days in July. If we do it earlier, I would have to be guaranteed to have it back by May 19th

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
So what does Demon's and SSmuchoo manifolds flow cfm wise? What do they flow stock? I guess I realy need some good comparisons to be in on this for sure. Thanks

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by livinsvt:
So what does Demon's and SSmuchoo manifolds flow cfm wise? What do they flow stock? I guess I realy need some good comparisons to be in on this for sure. Thanks

Read Dan Nixon's post.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
about upper 180's, close to 190cfm.

270cfm, if they CAN do that, would be an amazing boost given the relative choke hold the UIM is compared to the flow of the heads, etc. I wonder if they could do this process on a Triple EH UIM. . .Hmmmm,

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
about upper 180's, close to 190cfm.

270cfm, if they CAN do that, would be an amazing boost given the relative choke hold the UIM is compared to the flow of the heads, etc. I wonder if they could do this process on a Triple EH UIM. . .Hmmmm,

. I don't see how they can gain 100cfm just with a new process. Is this already tested on a svt manifold? I know you said one is being sent in. But in the other thread, a guy mentioned they have several laying around. I would think they could pull one off for test purposes. If its true I would be in for sure.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
im just curious about something. 100 cfm is a whole lot. now i know this first hand it is very important to maintain a certain amount of velocity in the intake runners. bigger isnt neccesarily better. right? i mean thats why you see people with velocity stacks even when not using a manifold otherwise your fuel wont atomize and itll puddle. just like your not supposed to "polish" and smooth out your intake ports on your heads as well as even mess with em too much when porting and polishing. your just posed to port match the manifold to the head and rough up the head a little. im sure this wont hurt the svt if EH is involved but 100 cfm is a lot. i guess it wouldnt matter too much with boost but to really crank it open for people with na i think thats a little tricky.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by dallasb84:
im just curious about something. 100 cfm is a whole lot. now i know this first hand it is very important to maintain a certain amount of velocity in the intake runners. bigger isnt neccesarily better. right? i mean thats why you see people with velocity stacks even when not using a manifold otherwise your fuel wont atomize and itll puddle. just like your not supposed to "polish" and smooth out your intake ports on your heads as well as even mess with em too much when porting and polishing. your just posed to port match the manifold to the head and rough up the head a little. im sure this wont hurt the svt if EH is involved but 100 cfm is a lot. i guess it wouldnt matter too much with boost but to really crank it open for people with na i think thats a little tricky.

Ok first off were talking about intake manifold. In case you didn't know its a two piece setup. We are porting out the upper portion, just like svt did from the factory, but just a litte more. The injectors are located in the lower manifold, so no fuel is in the upper manifold and can still atomized properly in the combustion chamber were its suppose to. So widening the runners in the "upper manifold" will greatly improve air flow to the lower manifold were it may reach a restriction there. In effect it may add something like 2psi to the lower manifold, more pounds means more air, means more fuel equals more powa . The extrude hone process does leave a bit of a rough finish, so swirl will stil be present. I am just not sure were there getting the extra 100cfm over a triple honed manifold. Time will tell

Q
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by vudusvt:
I'm interested. Have you checked into the possibility of one price for "max" extrude honing, per Swazo in the other thread? About 1-2 months from now would be perfect. I can (and will, if necessary) go in on this sooner. However, we all know how short 1-2 months is for a CEG GB.

I am interested if I can also get the "Max" extrude hone.

-Jeff-

1998 Black SVT Morette Twin headlight conversion Street flight turbo kit collecting dust! Rebuilding my 3.0L check it out
D
Derk-xB Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
D
OK, so maybe I misunderstood the 270. I suppose I could have been told 220 and misheard it as 270? 100cfm does sound like a lot more flow...
The initial testing has not been done, so his estimates could be way off. Who knows. I"ll check in with him a week or so.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard