Next Thread
Print Thread
#906711 03/22/04 05:30 PM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
ok here is the story three car crash on I-85 yesterday, if you live in durham right next to the red roof inn by honeys, but a damn dog was in the middle of the highway, first car was a ford Escape, he stopped missed the dog, second car old accord, he hits escape, well gf who was driving tries to stop cant, hits accord, dog continues down the highway for another 1/2 mile before someone stops and puts the dog over the concrete barrier. the airbags didn't go off and both of us are ok, the car is in bad shape, it needs from what i looked at is 2 headlights, grille, bummper, the thingy that the grille and headlights mount to, a new radiator, new hood, new lh fender, and maybe someother stuff. officer said that no one is gonna get a ticket that it could not have been helped and that our insurences will pay for the damages, the guy who we hit said he was not gonna claim insurence because he was getting a new car anyway and just wanted to get rid of the current one, the guy with the escape was from virgina, and he had no damage whatsoever. My question is what all can i do to upgrade the brake system to shorten the distance that it would have taken to stop, because literally we only needed about 20 more feet, and if the accord had not hit the escape we would have been ok because she did not lock up the brakes. i know i can convert to the rear disc, but will that help much, i also know i can use the E1 rotors and pads, but that needs 15" or 16" wheels and i dont have those on the list for mods any time soon, so what else i know pads, rotors and all that but which ones and all that, is there anything else i can do to help shorten the damn stopping distance, little pissed right now because i just spent 3 hours washing and waxing it to make it look good for prom. AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry i'll be better soon

thanx in advance

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
#906712 03/22/04 08:15 PM
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Check your suspension. I know that worn struts/springs can increase your stopping distant by a lot! Another thing you can do is increase your distance behind the vehicle your following aka the 2 second rule...

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
#906713 03/22/04 08:42 PM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
i have some news about the car it is going to cost almost 2500 to fix ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
#906714 03/22/04 09:21 PM
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Well, I was going to go into a rant about the seven years they are taking to finish that damn I-85 expansion (don't get me started about I-40!), but I guess a dog can wander onto just about any interstate, no matter what condition it happens to be in. Sorry to hear about your troubles and I'm glad no one got hurt.

Lee K
98 SVT Contour, silver (fun beater car)
03 Evo, red (scary fun car)

Lee K 98 SVT Contour, silver (sold after 7 years and 100K miles) 03 Lancer Evolution, red
#906715 03/22/04 09:52 PM
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by gearhead98:
i have some news about the car it is going to cost almost 2500 to fix ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

now i found out her insurence is not going to cover the damages, that is so F'ed up, she is gonna have to pay out of pocket and she already owes her parents 600 something, i know one thing for that price and what little damage there was if these parts are not Ford Factory i will be all over the guy's ass who is doing it like white on rice, 2500 for a bumper, a hood, 2 headlights, a grille, a header panel, and a radiator, and the mounting stuff for all those, that is crazy, her step brother he damn near tore the front end off his 00' focus only paid 3100 for his repairs and he had to get everything on the front replaced, yet again another ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard