Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
HU-Kenwood-kdc4019 (came with the car) looking to replace any thoughts???

FRONTS- A/D/S 235IS to soft for my tast plus i wanna move up to 6 1/2's

REARS- STOCK

AMPS- Phoenix Gold TANTRUM 600.4 (door's) & TANTRUM 500.2 (subs)

SUBS- 2Audiobahn Alum12q. loud but not very clean so those will be gone too. any thoughts???

CROSSOVER&EQ- I need one in the worse way. any thoughts???

I have pics but i dont know how to host them. I pretty much paid cost for evrything, i have friendz....

Say hello to the bad guy. 98.5 CSVT KKM intake,SQ system.... 2003 accord coupe 6speed. waiting for the after market to catch up....
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by 2 guard:
SUBS- 2Audiobahn Alum12q. loud but not very clean so those will be gone too. any thoughts???

Not very clean? My 10s are extremely clean. These subs are some of the cleanest sounding subs available on the market today. But to each his own...

As far as thoughts go, you could upgrade to DLS of JL Audio. DLS is a company out of Sweden that's just started importing their equipment into the US. I've heard nothing but good reports from users and installers. Their about as expensive as Audiobahns and hit just as hard, if not harder. Quality of sound is supposedly better than excellent. But that's jsut based on what others have told me, unfortunately, i have not had a chance to hear them myself. But i will soon, a friend of mine is installing some in his truck. But that's just $.02

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
audiobahn whatevers arn't anywhere near the cleanest sounding subs on the market...

Sorry... I haven't heard one Audiobahn that i was inpressed by.. and if you wonder if i have an ear for stuff.. Check the Sig... I install almost every brand in everybox and Custom install.. My cousin has a audiobahn and its So so.. i would say about the JL 12W1 level.. I don't know the model on it though..

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SteedaSVT:
audiobahn whatevers arn't anywhere near the cleanest sounding subs on the market...

Sorry... I haven't heard one Audiobahn that i was inpressed by.. and if you wonder if i have an ear for stuff.. Check the Sig... I install almost every brand in everybox and Custom install.. My cousin has a audiobahn and its So so.. i would say about the JL 12W1 level.. I don't know the model on it though..

Agreed, I am so disapointed in my Audiobahn subs

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Head Unit - Pioneer AVX-P7000CD 7" motorized LCD/CD
HU/Master Controller - Pioneer AVM-P9000R with 5.1 channel amp and DTS
TV Tuner - Pioneer GEX-P7000TV
Components - MB Quart Q Comps 5.25"
Amp - Soundtream Van Gogh VGA 500.4
Sub - Stryke AV12 MkII (currently sealed, going to a ported box tuned to 25 Hz.)
Misc - 300 Watt power inverter relayed to the amp turn on, Playstation 2 for gaming and DVD playback in the glovebox w/ 2 wireless controllers
Wiring - KnuKonceptz naturally!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
R
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
I didn't say these were the cleanest subs, i said they were some of the cleanest.
It depends on the Audiobahn subs you've been working with. My sound excellent, even when i compare them to my sisters JL 13W7. Ya, her's hit hard as hell, but they draw so much damn power and don't sound all that gr8 IMO. The flame basket audiobahn subs have had some major issues, and still do, but these new ALUM##Q's are supurior to most other audiobahns. They can actually handle the suggested power rating on them. I'm extremely pleased with mine.

2000 Ford Contour SVT-t GT28R - 287whp/314wtq @ 11 psi (very little tuning) Cardomain Page Photobucket Page *Formally XxColdAzFireXx*
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i really can't believe you just said that an audiobahn sub sounded better than a w7 (and the w7 isn't the top sq sub either, but still....). either your sister needs to shoot her installer, or you have a very poor sense of quality. audiobahns aren't all crap, but they ain't that good either.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
Head Unit - Pioneer AVX-P7000CD 7" motorized LCD/CD
HU/Master Controller - Pioneer AVM-P9000R with 5.1 channel amp and DTS
TV Tuner - Pioneer GEX-P7000TV
Components - MB Quart Q Comps 5.25"
Amp - Soundtream Van Gogh VGA 500.4
Sub - Stryke AV12 MkII (currently sealed, going to a ported box tuned to 25 Hz.)
Misc - 300 Watt power inverter relayed to the amp turn on, Playstation 2 for gaming and DVD playback in the glovebox w/ 2 wireless controllers
Wiring - KnuKonceptz naturally!

envy

1999 SE White AVH-P6500DVD Infinity Reference 6500CS Pioneer 5x7s Punch 360a2 Punch 500a2 Adire Tempest in a custom sealed 3.4cuft box Modded Xbox Still need Midnight Cloth Headrests... and if somebody has fold down rear seats....
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
The Stryke AV 12 would definitely sound better than an audiobahn.. probably handle more and a lot more linear displacement. Probably cheaper for what you get too. I'll agree that audiobahns can sound decent.. but not all that great.

Sorry if i'm coming off rude.

MxRacer.. enjoying that Stryke AV?

Remember this is why we're at war! I'm now officially a troll! 2004 Saturn ION QC with Sport Package AIM/AOL: animusshinigami
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
love it!

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard