Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Nice job on the rebuild. I just went through the same thing. Just I'm having problems getting the motor started after getting it all hooked back up. I have good fuel flow and good spark, it just doesn't want to start. I wonder if it is the fuel that sat in the tank for 6 months. It wasn't much, less than 1/8 of tank. Any advice would be will appreciated.
Thanks
John

98.5 Black SVT 65 Red Mustang coupe 289 hi-po
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
is the pulse wheel correct? I know my 2.5 had two keyways on the pulse wheel...one marked 25 and the other marked 30. The 25=2.5 and the 30=3.0

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by stilov:
is the pulse wheel correct? I know my 2.5 had two keyways on the pulse wheel...one marked 25 and the other marked 30. The 25=2.5 and the 30=3.0

No, no, no. It's not a 2.5L or 3.0L thing. It is specific to the front cover being used. Or more specifically, which side of the front cover the crank angle sensor goes in. The Mazda6 and Taurus are the only roller finger follower Duratecs that have the crank sensor in the RH side of the front cover.

B
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
B
Originally posted by SpeedTeufel:
Nice job on the rebuild. I just went through the same thing. Just I'm having problems getting the motor started after getting it all hooked back up. I have good fuel flow and good spark, it just doesn't want to start. I wonder if it is the fuel that sat in the tank for 6 months. It wasn't much, less than 1/8 of tank. Any advice would be will appreciated.
Thanks
John

Hi John,

I'd purchase a spray can of starting fluid. Remove the air cleaner bellow and spray some in the throttle body. Does the car briefly start or does it just crank over? When you crank the engine now, does it briefly start or nothing?

If nothing in both cases, I'd check

1. Ground wires are connected by coil pack there are two of them.
2. Double check your ignition wire routing.
3. Check for loose or frayed wires, especially up by where the wiring enters the firewall on the passenger side to PCM.

Are you absolutely sure you set the timing chain, etc. correctly? Check wiring at cam and crankshaft sensors....

Regards,
Bob

An ounce of prevention provides a pound of cure!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I don't remember the pulse wheel having more than one keyway. Thanks I will check again

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I'm pretty sure I have the timing set correct. The # 1 piston TDC and the camshaft "REF" marks are facing each other. Right?

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard