Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
Originally posted by touredon:
Originally posted by HITMANinMI:
You just find an open sewer drain and dump it down there. Hell it is free and it isnt much fluid so why not.

Agreed.... You could be drinkin that [censored] some day

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
S
Cool Toe Chris
Cool Toe Chris
S
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
I do have a problem with "do it yourself" because I don't have the patience/"know-how" to do it. Theres (2) kinds of people out there, those who can do it, and those who can't, I'm the latter Besides, I don't like getting dirty either except when I detail someones car, then thats different!

I think he was talking about me there, as I usually brake something while trying to fix a broken part.

You have got to be kidding me. I really hope you were joking when you typed such an ignorant response. See, the HAZARDOUS fluid you dump down a PUBLIC water system will cause you to get fined and hopefully jail time. I may have a car without catalytic convertors (only b/c the underbody was clogged) and I still pass emissions (Roush headers gutted underbody cat). I will never knowingly pollute our already messed up environment. Oh, if the SVT fails emissions test, I will buy a new underbody cat to comply. I am no tree hugger, but dammnit, I try to do my part while living on this blue marble.

Chris NJ 98.5 SVT Silver Frost
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Quick lube place.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
You just find an open sewer drain and dump it down there. Hell it is free and it isnt much fluid so why not.

OK....so maybe YOU wanna end up drinking it but no one else does.

98 Mystique LS DOB 06/97
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I had my car at the dealer yesterday for an oil change, and while I was waiting, I overheard the service manager recommend power steering flushes to two customers ahead of me. The dealer quoted a price of $59, and I noticed they had Wynn brochures around, so I'm presuming they're using Wynn products. For some reason, the shop never mentioned my car needing a power steering flush. I'm assuming the fluid looked OK, although its never been flushed in its 145,000 mile life. Maybe in my weekend "casual" clothes, I didn't look like I could afford a flush!

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

If you're talking about antifreeze the sanitary sewer isn't really "that bad" a place for disposal. Back in NY the quick lube places can apply for permits to dump used coolant down the floor drain - in upsate NY they actually like a little antifreeze in the sewer to keep the gray water from freezing. Aiports spray TONS of the stuff when they de-ice. Biggest risk is a pet drinking some of the concentrated runoff and dieing.

It's pretty much perfectly acceeptable to dump used coolant right down the utility sink drain, as sewer treatment has no probs wwith it.

Quote:

How to dispose of antifreeze
General Info:
These disposal methods are commonly accepted, however your local government may have specific instruction and bylaws for safe disposal. To be certain of any restriction contact your local government or waste disposal utility.

Technique:

For small amounts dilute with water and pour into the drain or toilet. Do NOT do this if you are disposing of large quantities or if you have a septic system.

Now any kind of oil - tranny, motor... is HORRIBLE to put down the drain or sewer. Even relativwely small amounts can wipe out life in smaller streams and ponds.

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard