Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
KTPdave Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
I have called all kinds of places to do a power steering flush and no one does them. Has anyone ever found a place that does? Was it some rinky dink kind of place? I know they do them....it's kind of the same principal as a rad flush. I really need to get one done. I have 80,000 miles and I have done the turkey baster method but I really need to get the crap out of the system then I can keep it maintained since it has the original fluid still lurking in there.

'04 Cobra Convertable!!
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Any mechanic should offer it as a service. Where have you been looking?

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Try local quick lube like Penn10 or Jiffy. That's where I get mine done.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Do it yourself save about $50.

K
KTPdave Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
How?

'04 Cobra Convertable!!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Trust me, leave it to the pros as they have the machine to do the job properly. Getting everything out of the lines and rack/pinion is key to doing it right If you come to SZ04' you can have it done locally by the guy who did mine and it cost about $50.00 and he uses quality Valvoline products throught the process. Its not just suck it out with a turkey baister and replenish what you took out, come on now If you can't come to SZ04', just call the dealership and see what they charge Theres gotta be a good dealership somewhere near you, right

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by KTPdave:
How?

Look here. I unhooked the hose, started the engine and added as the system took it. Worked great, and took all of 5 minutes. Be ready, it will take the fluid FAST. I had someone start and turn off the engine and I made sure it didnt run out of fluid. Very easy job.

Last edited by CRZYDRVR; 03/19/04 01:09 AM.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
is there anything that you can use while doing that that will clean the system out as it runs through there??? like the berryman's does for the intake

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by KTPdave:
How?

First off you need

two people including yourself
5/8 hose clamp, screw type works best
2 or 3 quarts of Automatic Transmission fluid type "F" make sure it is type "F" or else you will have problems
needle nose pliers
trash bags
garden hose
drain pan?
duct tape
funnel

First remove the power steering fluid cap. Then put the trash bag over the fender, put the drain pan under the car, about directly under the resiorvor. Then remove the hose that runs along the firewall,( by the way the clamp has to come on of the hose, it is fine to brake it or whatever to get it off, you have a new one anyways) not the one going to the pump, the other one. I had to use needle nose pliers to force it off, use duct tape and plug the white end where the hose was coming off the resiovor. Then have someone start the engine, but tell them not to turn the wheel. After a minute have them shut off. Now put the funnel in the cap hole, fill it to the max line. Now have your friend start the car and turn the wheel, as soon as you hear a groan, shut it OFF!!!! That means you wernt pouring fluid fast enough and the pump was working without fluid. Keep having the friend start the car and turning the wheel until they can turn the wheel completly to the left and right without and groaning that means you must keep pouring fluid to, I had them turn it about five times each way. Now reconnect the hose that was disconnected, refill the resiovor a bit above the max line. Now keep and eye on it for a day or to as it might drop, mine did slightly.

Your cost $8 cost for a dealer $80

X
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
X
I had mine done at the Ford stealership. Anywhere that sells wynns products should offer the service.

Originally posted by Chickens:
Religion can't do much for ashholes (unless you are an alterboy)

98.5 Se w/SVT mods 98 E0 SVT~ sold
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard