Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Manfre Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Alright being that the other group buy that Im currently involved in for the Indiglo HVAC has been going nowhere real fast I decided to do this on my own.

I emailed Speedhut last night to find out if theyd be able to do the indiglo HVAC for our car. Just now I got an email back stating:

Quote:

Hi,

If you are interested in becoming a Group Leader for your cluster, please read the info below:

*The Group Leader sends a cluster to begin the Pre Order. Please don't use a personal vehicle's cluster (we don't send clusters back). We recommend a cluster from a junkyard (it does NOT have to be in working condition. HOWEVER it DOES need to have everything intact - i.e., needles, cover etc).

Please send the Cluster via Ground (inexpensive) Mail (or another inexpensive method). Please make sure it is INSURED for your protection!
*Remember to add your contact information in the package.

Once the cluster has been received the Pre Order will be added to our Model Development Program with the sender listed as the Group Leader. The Group Leader's email will be listed on the site for questions. We will be in contact with the Group Leader throughout the process.

Once we receive 25 Pre Orders we will begin tooling. The Group leader will get their EL-Glo Dial kit for FREE (+ S&H). We offer incentive discounts for the entire Group. *Free Text, Free Standard Graphics, Free Standard Logo's.

*We can add the Km/h version at No additional cost!

The price for our Custom Gauge Kit's are generally around $99.95 + $8.00 US S&H per Pre Order. The price for our Custom HVAC Kit's are $35.95 + $8.00 US S&H.

Thank you for your interest and please email us if there are any further questions.

*Please check out our Performance 4" Custom Tach at www.Speedhut.com <http://www.speedhut.com/> ! Customize your Dial, Bezel and Pointer to match your interior!

We will be adding a Premium 2" Gauge Line to our selection this Spring. Please check back!

Thanks,

Speedhut.com team
<outbind://23/www.SPEEDHUT.com> www.SPEEDHUT.com
<outbind://23/www.SPEEDHUT.com>

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 7:03 PM
To: sales@speedhut.com
Subject: Ford Contour Indiglo HVAC Question

I was wondering if you would be able to develop an Indiglo HVAC for the
Ford Contour. The HVAC is the same for all the models and I know I would
be able to get a sizable amount of orders. If your able to make the HVAC
for us what would you require to fabricate them and would you be able to
provide an estimated price? Thank you very much

Rick Manfre

Now I know that 44 bucks might be a little steep, but Ive done business with the company before (I was part of a group buy when I had my Grand Am) and their product was pretty good. I didnt have the car for much longer after I got the gauges so I personally dont know how long or well they hold up after a certain amount of time. I think I had my gauges for like 6 months before I got rid of my car and up to that point I had no problems.

Now I need 25 orders to go with this. Im pretty sure I can get some people who are unhappy about the other group buy going on to get in on this. The only things that would hold this up is the amount of time it took for people to sign up and send payment (Ill only accept PayPal, or certified letters containing bank checks or travelers checks mainly so YOU know if and when I get it) and the time it takes for them to tool out 25 of em. After that 25 are done for the original people in the group buy I believe theyll be available to anyone that wants them at any time after. In fact I dont even think you send me the payment. I think you send them the payment so you wont even have to worry about me running off with your money.

Now being that the largest problem with the other group buy is that communication was very slim to none. Thats why Im not only listing the site I plan on going through, but also listing my email address (if you dont see it up there its rickmanfre@comcast.net) so that you know you can get in contact with me at any given time. If youd like Ill even list my phone number so you can call and [censored] at me if you dont get them in a timely manner. If you call to just BS then dont expect much on my end. Im not big on talking.

I just know that Id personally really like these and as the group buy that I was in went to hell I wanted to set up something so that everyone can have contact with the makers of the gauges and much easier with me.

If you want in then lemme know and Ill send in my HVAC and get everything set up to get these made. I wont send my HVAC until I get at LEAST 10 orders. Just forwarning everyone now.

If you want any more information please let me know. You can always check out www.speedhut.com to see the work theyve done. Theres only one picture of an HVAC theyve done and it looked pretty good. All their gauges are great looking. Plus the fact that you can customize them for free is an added bonus.

Hope this works out!

A good friend will always bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was so fucking cool man!" 97 Contour 2.5L V6 Mods: 17" Rims, Blue side markers, 2 12" Kenwood Subs, Kenwood Z828 headunit
M
Manfre Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Also I wanted to add, Ive been thinking about just ordering 25 for myself and selling them like that through Ebay.

I dont think Id be able to pull that off paying for them all at once.

Im still thinking about it and mulling it over in my head. Depending on what the interest is like in a couple weeks Ill let everyone know what I decide as far as that goes.

A good friend will always bail you out of jail. A best friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was so fucking cool man!" 97 Contour 2.5L V6 Mods: 17" Rims, Blue side markers, 2 12" Kenwood Subs, Kenwood Z828 headunit
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
You know something should/could be done here.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
I'm interested, but I just can't justify sending out another wad of cash to pay for something I already paid for when finances are a little tight right now. Hell, I'd like to have my money back just so I could pay some bills as opposed to getting gauges. If things clear up (I'm expecting next month) I'll definitely be in.

Question, can they do reverse indiglo?

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Seeing all the old GB that have gone wrong.

I feel weary of signing up, but what the hell!!

I would be interested.

If this doesn't work who else sells these?

BlackBird

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Can u ask him to measure his shaft and compare it to your shaft?

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:

I would be interested.

BlackBird

No one else sells these. What really makes me mad tho is that Adam refuses to give us contact informaion...and here I am signing up for round two, when it would prob be easier to deal with the company that already has my money.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I'm in...

SeSportV 1999 Silver Contour SE Sport MTX (2.5) Air Intake Resonator Removed Silver Rear Valence Blue Turn Signals, Nozzles, Interior LED's Custom Blue Trim Single Silver Wiper (Bad A** and Unique) 15.9 1/4 mile @ 89 MPH
M
Manfre Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M

I would be interested.

BlackBird

The only thing I can offer in this GB that the other one wasnt offered is their contact information (In my first post) and their website, all my info if youd like, and that Ill do my best to get this going. I dont want to make any gurantees because it does take 25 to get this going.

I have no clue on the time it would take to get this set up so I cant give an exact date at all. I can promise regular updates on this. Unlike before when I didnt think anyone was interested. Now that I know there are interests in this GB Ill start updating more often of how many people we have together and what not.

Also as a side note, Ive already contacted them and posted everything as of so far in my first post. Now Im not sure on his but if I remember correctly, when we did a GB through my old Grand Am site they took everyones order one at a time and didnt fabricate the gauges until all 25 orders were placed and paid for. So that means the first person to put the order in waited the longest. Im not gonna do that here.

What Im going to do instead is wait unil 25 people want the gauges. Then Ill have them make the buy official. This way noones putting out cash and waiting a long time for their product. Everyone can pay at the same time and the wait will be roughly the same for everyone. This way noones shelling out cash for something they wont have for an unknown amount of time.

Also I figure this will give everyone PLENTY of time to save up money for this. I just hope that people will sign up for this after all the BS that happened with the other one.

M
Manfre Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

I would be interested.

BlackBird

No one else sells these. What really makes me mad tho is that Adam refuses to give us contact informaion...and here I am signing up for round two, when it would prob be easier to deal with the company that already has my money.

I agree. I only wanted to get this set up so that it can be done the RIGHT way.

I might not be a regular or a senior CEGer, but Im reasonably responsible for a 21 year old. Also Im not gonna let something slide that I want. And I refuse to get screwed out of cash for something I want, let alone other people.

I also plan on being the last person to receive their gauges.

M
Manfre Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by hetfield:
I'm interested, but I just can't justify sending out another wad of cash to pay for something I already paid for when finances are a little tight right now. Hell, I'd like to have my money back just so I could pay some bills as opposed to getting gauges. If things clear up (I'm expecting next month) I'll definitely be in.

Question, can they do reverse indiglo?

Not sure about the reverse indiglo. Ill ive them a shout and ask. I dont see why they wouldnt be able to. They have reverse indiglo gauges so why not reverse indiglo HVAC? They might even have it as an option for eiher reverse or standard.

I wouldnt worry too much about shelling out the cash. I dont know how long this will take and I have a feeling itll take a lil while. Specially after the otehr GB.

Dont worry though, Im feeling the hit on the money too and would definetly like my cash back from 1BADTOUR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard