Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
OP Offline
Z
HI,
I just got my '96 mystique, the dash lights, blower motor, and liscense plate light all do not work. I figure the liscense plate light, and dash lights are the same problem, and the blower motor a completely seperate problem. Any advise on what to look for? I have read and searched, I did tear into the dash, and the headlight switch plug is not melted, but it looks like someone has spliced in a new plug. so there has to be a short somewere, I was just woundering if anyone has had a problem like this and how they fixed it.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by zerotact:
HI,
I just got my '96 mystique, the dash lights, blower motor, and liscense plate light all do not work. I figure the liscense plate light, and dash lights are the same problem, and the blower motor a completely seperate problem. Any advise on what to look for? I have read and searched, I did tear into the dash, and the headlight switch plug is not melted, but it looks like someone has spliced in a new plug. so there has to be a short somewere, I was just woundering if anyone has had a problem like this and how they fixed it.

Well to begin with the blower motor isnt your problem. It is Fords now, that is under recall for 150,000/10 years.

Secondly if your fuse keeps blowing you have a short to ground or a short to the dash lights/license plate lights.

U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Take a look at the lights that are installed in the rear reflector assy. These are your reverse lights & li plate lights. these reflector assy's are bad about leaking and the water that leaks in will rust the contacts on these lights. This rust will, if bad enough, will cause a short to ground which will short will blow that fuse.

Welcome aboard!

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Is there an aftermarket stereo in this car? If there is, someone may not have taped up the radio illumination wire or the tape came off.

Z
OP Offline
Z
Well thank for the heads up.
I called the local ford dealership, and they said they checked and my car does not qualify for any recalls. Is there a link to the blower motor recall? I'd immagine recall participation varies by the mood of the service managers of the dealerships... Overal the car seems like a fun project with several little things that need fixed. But dash and liscense plate lights are a must.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard