Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Yeah, the Berlin Turnpike is crazy on the weekends. I dont think I've ever see that many modded cars together in one place. Last night was crazy though. They were randomly driving tow trucks around and if you were parked in a parking lot with your car, they would stop in back of your car and start towing it out. I just missed getting towed. I squeezed through a small space next to him and drove off. A black Jetta was getting towed and he hopped in his car while they were hooking it up to the truck and drove up over the curb and over the grass to get away. Lots of racing last night too. I raced a new Grand Prix and an Integra last night. Me and the Grand Prix were neck and neck. He said it has 200 hp but wieghs 3400 lbs.

Hey man, not to burst your bubble, but you might want to take this part OUT of your post if you can, this kind of talk is illegal on this board in case you DIDN'T read the rules.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Glad you're OK. Investigators can sometimes figure out if the lights in the van were on - they can analyze the filaments to see if they were warm or cold at the time of the accident. I'd try to follow up as best as possible with that aspect.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
not good m8 but at the end of the day you all walked away from it thats the main thing

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Pigeon:
If she really thinks she is going to take us to court for this or think she has something to go on against us, she can think again. And oh yeah, not to mention she lied to the officer about her lights because the accident summary says that the vans lights were all turned on which is complete [censored].

Talk to the nice officer who did the report NICELY and RESPECTFULLY and ask why the report says that. It could come back to bite you in the ass. Doubtful, but possible. Ask your buddies in the car with you if they saw that there were no lights on either. Have them write down statements as to how the accident happened, what they saw, etc. ASAP. Do it yourself too. Chances are that DUMB B!TCH is going to sue you and the other driver, so you'd better cover all your bases before they belong to her.

Scott

Very good advice!!
Go to the Police Department and see if they will write a "supplement" to the Police report for you. Some Departments do this, others will attach your (and your passengers) statement to their report. Do it ASPA as Scott suggested!! Take your passengers with you when you go also.
It can't hurt to have your account of the accident well documented.
Again, as Scott said, be very nice and respectful.
Sorry about your car! Glad that no one was seriously hurt!

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Renee:
Yeah, the Berlin Turnpike is crazy on the weekends. I dont think I've ever see that many modded cars together in one place. Last night was crazy though. They were randomly driving tow trucks around and if you were parked in a parking lot with your car, they would stop in back of your car and start towing it out. I just missed getting towed. I squeezed through a small space next to him and drove off. A black Jetta was getting towed and he hopped in his car while they were hooking it up to the truck and drove up over the curb and over the grass to get away. Lots of racing last night too. I raced a new Grand Prix and an Integra last night. Me and the Grand Prix were neck and neck. He said it has 200 hp but wieghs 3400 lbs.

Hey man, not to burst your bubble, but you might want to take this part OUT of your post if you can, this kind of talk is illegal on this board in case you DIDN'T read the rules.

Yeah, sorry I forgot bout the racing thing again. I tried to edit it but it said its been too long to edit now.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I'm really starting to feel the physical effects of being in the accident. My neck is really sore and hurts to turn far. My friend said his neck and side of his body really hurts. He had trouble getting out of bed the next morning.

I know everyone seems to think that the car is probably totalled based on how I described the accident but I doubt it. It seems to sound alot worse when I typed it. The car is getting released from the tow lot today and brought to a local dealership in Bristol to get fixed. I'm going to get some pictures of it when it does and i'll post them so everyone can see it. And worse comes to worse, if it's totalled, i'll just get another one with the insurance money but T-Red this time.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
dang dude sorry about your car but atleast your ok thatsall that counts.

1999 Ford Contour SE Zetec with 137k miles. AIM Name: ContourAlf Yahoo IM: Contour_Freak
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I came to a complete stop finally with only being 1 foot away from the van...

At the time I had a hot chocolate in my hand which got thrown into the windshield from my hand and went all over.

If you got rear-ended, how did the chocolate end up on the window? I also read about heads bumping windshields & legs cramming into the seat backs...

Well, no matter really. The guy in the Neon will likely be considered at-fault for the whole deal. I just hope his lawyer doesn't see these posts.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
It's wip lash, as the car smacked them from the back, it moved forward unexpectedly, and quickly. Since they weren't expecting it, the impact made them move forward, just as the car did. Recall he still had his foot mashed into the brakes. It's the same as stopping really fast, but without warning, and in a jolting fashion. This clear things up?

2000 CSVT Silver Frost: #942 of 2150 HID Projectors and Fog Light Mod, Optomized TB, MSDS headers 2003 Silverstone Z
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
the actual hit from the rear, especialy if he was stopped, would have caused the passengers to jolt backwards first.
them hitting the mini van in front of them would cause the forward motion.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard